help with clutch or transmission problem

WaL802000
02-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Hello,

I have a 1989, 2.6L, isuzu pickup truck and my question involves the clutch/transmission.

When i try to start my truck (with a working battery) it acts as if the battery is weak, but after it starts there is a grinding/knocking noise and the engine rumbles while the clutch is pressed to the floor, but when i release the clutch it runs normal until the clutch is pressed again.

My slave cylinder is less than a year old and the master cylinder is maybe 2-3 years old.

should I bleed the clutch system again or may this be a transmission problem relating to the release bearing?

thanks for any help.

2eyefishclaw
02-28-2005, 08:12 PM
check crankshaft end play

WaL802000
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
thanks for the response and help.

I bled the clutch system again and made sure the oil level in my transmission was correct and it stopped the knocking noise while the clutch was engaged (pressed), but when I am accelerating there is a slight knocking noise as long as I am giving it gas, but there is no knocking when I am sitting at a light or normal idling.

Is the problem the crankshaft play as mentioned earlier? and how serious could this problem be?

Also how do I check the play in the crankshaft? by inspecting the pulley or trying to break the engine down?

thanks for any help

Add your comment to this topic!