Page updated on 10-22-2017

95 probe engine with bad lifters

illbarry
02-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I have a 95 probe gt cool car all electric, the problem we just drove on a vacation I did not have time to check the oil when we got back, my wife went on a short trip in the metro area and the engine siesed sp, I know don't tell me of my own faults or my wifes, the car sounds like a desil with the lifters knoking, the machanic would not give an estimate only to say and maby other problems, and wants to propose only another engine $1100 for the engine (used they will do a compression check on monday, no info on miles or anything else) and $1300 for labor to instal. My engine is a v-6 any ideas on what it is to overhaul this engine and what it should really cost, email Illbarry@yahoo.com, thanks

Ghostcloak
02-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I have a 95 probe gt cool car all electric, the problem we just drove on a vacation I did not have time to check the oil when we got back, my wife went on a short trip in the metro area and the engine siesed sp, I know don't tell me of my own faults or my wifes, the car sounds like a desil with the lifters knoking, the machanic would not give an estimate only to say and maby other problems, and wants to propose only another engine $1100 for the engine (used they will do a compression check on monday, no info on miles or anything else) and $1300 for labor to instal. My engine is a v-6 any ideas on what it is to overhaul this engine and what it should really cost, email Illbarry@yahoo.com, thanks

Um... Well.... only suggestion I have really is IF you are gonna get a new engine for your GT, go ahead and order a KLZE 2.5 v6... They will be a perfect fit for your car, give you more hp, look better, sound better, and it will cost you less (if you look around...) than if you just got another mazda/ford stock 2.5 liter v6 for the probe gt.... I mean.. if your gonna get another engine, might as well upgrade it. Saves you money too. Check the forums for further info on any ???? you may have on the KLZE. You can generally get them from Japan Motor Engine Import places... A KLZE goes for about $800 plus shipping... So yeah.. It might be worth while checking into it IF you are even gonna consider getting a new engine...

Add your comment to this topic!