Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbos for automatic accords????

DeSean336
02-25-2005, 08:25 PM
whats up...anybody know any info on finding or gettin a turbo for automatics...if thas even a good idea to do it

Suffakate
02-27-2005, 10:24 PM
um......engine and trans are different. my neighbor has a 92 accord with turbo, and its an auto....i actually prefer autos

Mojeans69
03-01-2005, 09:00 PM
I don't think that turbos are made only for manual shift cars, but the auto tranny wouldn't be as good, for the simple fact with stick shifts you can upgrade like your clutch and stuff like that, on the other hand what can you do to an auto tranny, a tranny cooler and what else.

djsaround
05-23-2005, 05:04 AM
Its a great idea for a few reason's. One, is that you don't get nearly as much turbo lag from an automatic car. Two, is that you will always have consistant time's due to the computer's pre set shift point's. And three, because of those pre determined shift point's, you don't run as high a risk in harming your engine or your turbo system. Certain performance Co. have also recently started designing and producing torque converter's that can shift and get through the gears faster than a manual shifting vehicle and driver. Check w/ Turbonetic's for a complete bolt on application.

Add your comment to this topic!