Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 1st chop, EVER (subaru WRX impreza)

hockeygod2787
02-25-2005, 06:30 PM
hey, i have been on the forums for a while... but never had photoshop so therfore i didnt attempt any chops, i just go photoshop today (finally) from a friend of mine :) and decided to give it a go, warning... i am not very good at it, YET....

mods: (all airbrush)
- changed lights
- changed color
- added a decal
- changed liscence plate

p.s - as u can tell i am not quite done yet, just wanted some feedback to see if i should continue or retire while i stil can lol....

Chop:
http://img197.exs.cx/img197/1534/chopcopy9wv.jpg

Orig:
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/6984/imprezawrx9jl.th.jpg (http://img184.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img184&image=imprezawrx9jl.jpg)

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.... and yes i kno the color is a bit "different" but i was just fooling around w/ some stuff.. ( 1st time ever using photoshop )

HighRev87
02-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Definitly continue! That is alot better then when I did my first chop.
You have some issues, with wavy lines in your new color, unclear lights (distorted) and the wing looks fake, and is not continues through glass.
These are not to attack you, it is to show you where to improve.

hockeygod2787
02-26-2005, 01:12 AM
thanks, yea i kno.. i am continueing it, and changing the color.. i was just fooling around w/ it

KustmAce
02-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Gotta start somewhere :)

hockeygod2787
02-26-2005, 02:13 AM
yep^^

Legionofone
02-26-2005, 12:20 PM
ya definately a bad color that color makes it look a little toony for some reason... use a blur tool on the edges of the lines to smoth it out a bit... it looks REALY fractured... the wing looked ok to me... i mean not great but good... should pull it threw the glass... but the weird thing is the wings stock... so it should be there hmm.... weird... headlamps same thing he said... great first chop dood way better than mine

HighRev87
02-26-2005, 01:08 PM
ya definately a bad color that color makes it look a little toony for some reason... use a blur tool on the edges of the lines to smoth it out a bit... it looks REALY fractured... the wing looked ok to me... i mean not great but good... should pull it threw the glass... but the weird thing is the wings stock... so it should be there hmm.... weird... headlamps same thing he said... great first chop dood way better than mine
In the original, the wing does match through. When he did a color change, he "raised" the color above the wing which gave it a weird look, and lost it's connection through the glass.

-GS-
02-27-2005, 09:27 AM
The problem with your lines are that they arent Anti-Aliased. When using the polygonal lasso tool make sure you check the Anti-Aliasing button near the top. Im pretty sure thats why the lines are all jagged. If its not then feel free to pm me or something and i'll try to figure it out...

This is pretty damn good for a first chop, mine was nothing like this when i first started. Heres a few pointers:

-Allways zoom into what you want to select and then select it, because then your selections will be alot more smoother and precise.

-When you have to select a circle, its best to use the circular selection thingy, and then use the free transform selection option. This may sound stupid, but alot of people never use that, and itmakes chopping tons easier.

Those are just a few tips to hopefully help you out. And as i said earlier, great first chop.

hockeygod2787
02-27-2005, 11:19 AM
thanks alot for the feedback / help guys !
i am working on a bmw 130i right now... does ne one kno of ne good tutorials ??

hockeygod2787
03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
^^^^
????

nicecar
03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
the best tut in the world:
http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

COOL impreza for a first chop

chris

hockeygod2787
03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
thanks

nicecar
03-02-2005, 11:43 AM
u get workin duuuude!

cant wait to see it

chris

hockeygod2787
03-02-2005, 12:14 PM
yea man, that bible says it all... thanks alot.. ill post my work prob by the end of the week :)

Add your comment to this topic!