Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ok Ok 07 Skylines

<SSR>David
02-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Ok did you guys hear? Skylines coming to the states as the 07 G35. I think most of you guys know. Did you guys get any specs on them new skylines? I know I know the current G35 in Nihon is a new skyline but seriously...can a G35 actually be a skyline? The R32 was so much better then the G35 by performance and everything. Not to mention it has twin turbo under the hood with an inline 6. I just don't understand why would nissan make a G35 a skyline. When I heard that Nissan was going to make a new skyline I was thinking maybe a Inline 6 or a V6 with bigger twins or maybe even a single turbo with the same kind of flavor. When I see the G35, it just doesn't have that flavor that a R32-34 has. Maybe its because I see it on the streets so much, but I don't know I'm just confused. What you guys think and if you guys have any specs on the 07 skyline can you guys post it up? Or is it the same specs as the regular G35...if thats the case I guess they are just going to change to name huh. Please clear this out for me. I saw three G35s with thoes skylines badges on them and couldn't stop shaking my head. I got a little bit annoyed too. Where has the skyline flavor gone! I live in Irvine California so to Super Autobachs is like a 30 min. drive so I go there a few times. I saw an R34 there and I just couldn't stop staring at it. It was a beauty but when I see a G35 its like ehhh just another G35. Is this how some of you guys feel too? or is it just Me?

VQuick
02-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Ok did you guys hear? Skylines coming to the states as the 07 G35.
The 'Skyline' was already here as the 2003 G35.

Did you guys get any specs on them new skylines?
It will be on a further revised version of the FM platform. Could have a 4.1L VQ V6 with as much as 325hp.

I know I know the current G35 in Nihon is a new skyline but seriously...can a G35 actually be a skyline?
The G35 is the Skyline, with the exception of some weaker 2.5L and 3L engines, right hand drive, and the continuously variable transmission.

The R32 was so much better then the G35 by performance and everything. Not to mention it has twin turbo under the hood with an inline 6.
The R32 GT-R was better, not the plain R32. The G35 is pretty much the Skyline, but it is not the GT-R model. Do you really want to compare a 160-something hp RB20 R32 non-GT-R to the weakest current Skyline, which produces 215hp with the VQ25?

I just don't understand why would nissan make a G35 a skyline.
The SKyline has always been a family of sporty sedans and coupes. The GT-R is just the top model. It's like having the BMW 3-series line, then the M3. The G35s are almost as good as some of the old GT-Rs in some areas.

When I see the G35, it just doesn't have that flavor that a R32-34 has. Maybe its because I see it on the streets so much, but I don't know I'm just confused.
Well, you are a bit confused. Stop comparing the G35s to the GT-Rs for starters.

What you guys think and if you guys have any specs on the 07 skyline can you guys post it up?
The '07 GT-R will probably have a VQ32DETT V6 with electrical turbo assistance. Rather than have ATTESA-Pro awd, it will be a primarily FR layout, using Nissan's e4wd system, which features electric motors on the front wheels. The chassis will include some aluminum, and the body panels will be aluminum and carbon fiber. Weight could be as low as 3064lbs, and power could be as high as 473hp. With that power to weight ratio, the GT-R should be faster than a Ferrari F430.

Bdetore
02-25-2005, 01:07 PM
I personally thinkthe G35 is a damn good looking car. At least the coupe anyway. If they do bring the Skyline out in '07 the only real critisizm I have is the time. It will be a four year old model. I don't really want to see the Z and the G end up like the Acura NSX. I think the NSX is a great car, hell my Dad has one. He parks it in my garage because my mom has too much shit in theirs. I have on occasion had to "Move it out of the garage" to clean or work on other cars, and it is a helluva car. And it's a 91 with a 5speed!!! But, after all that it's 14 years old Acura is selling the same basic car with a few teaks. If Nissan decides to keep the current Z's and G's around that long without much change, then an '07 Skyline will have plenty of appeal for a time, but if they remodel the car in a year or two afterward, then what was the point?

VQuick
02-25-2005, 05:32 PM
I personally thinkthe G35 is a damn good looking car. At least the coupe anyway. If they do bring the Skyline out in '07 the only real critisizm I have is the time. It will be a four year old model. I don't really want to see the Z and the G end up like the Acura NSX....If Nissan decides to keep the current Z's and G's around that long without much change, then an '07 Skyline will have plenty of appeal for a time, but if they remodel the car in a year or two afterward, then what was the point?

I don't know about the Z, but the G35 is due to be replaced in '06 or '07...at least in Japan, anyway. It'll get another revision of the FM platform(new M35/45 is the first revision), and the new GT-R will be based on a variant of that.

<SSR>David
03-01-2005, 12:46 AM
quoted : Well, you are a bit confused. Stop comparing the G35s to the GT-Rs for starters.

=) sorry i don't know how to do the quote thing.

Well to tell you the truth, the skylines doesn't appeal to me much, but it has the rep. of being a very good car. The G35 is another very good car, but all I'm trying to say is that I feel like Nissan stepped it down too much. Thats all I'm saying. I would have loved it if it was just G35 is a G35 and they make a new skyline that is at the same level or maybe a little bit above.

Where did you hear that the G35 was due to be replaced in 06 or 07? seems like they are ending it kinda early. Well thats just my thoughts, my thoughts maybe weird to many of you guys, but yea this is how I think.

quoted : Well, you are a bit confused. Stop comparing the G35s to the GT-Rs for starters.

Yes I maybe confused, but that is why I posted it up here ^^ so I wouldn't get confused. And I really wasn't talking about the GT-R. I was just saying that the R32 seems to have better capabilities than the newest skyline. I never drove the R32 or R33 or R34, but I did drive the G35 and from what all the things that I hear from people who drove a skyline it sounds like the G35 wouldn't even be able to catch up.

I would love to see some pro race car drivers drive a G35 at some test tracks to see how it does. Was this already done before???

Sorry for all the confusion, but yes I am really confused on some parts so please clear these things out for me and thanks. And please if you get annoyed by me...sorry =)

Bdetore
03-01-2005, 11:06 AM
All in all I think introducing a stronger version of the G is a good idea. I do however find it a little hard to believe they will do a remodel after only 4 years of production for the U.S. although I have seen automakers do quick remakes before. :screwy: I sometimes just wish they would put the Hi-power versions out in the first place. Everyone seems to do the dance. Put the car out, wait,...wait,...."Now that you've bought one, here's the one with the horsepower and torque you were looking for. Wanna trade for a good loss on the first one?" :shakehead
In the end I think the thing everyone is up or down about is the heritage thing. It's kinda like with the new GTO. In reality it's an old car that's been marketed in Australia for years. They just put a vette motor in it to expedite things to the u.s. market. I think most people were dissappointed with how that one turned out. Progress I guess.
In the end whatever they call it, a G35 with more off the line torque and horsepower is a good thing. Right?

VQuick
03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Where did you hear that the G35 was due to be replaced in 06 or 07? seems like they are ending it kinda early.
All in all I think introducing a stronger version of the G is a good idea. I do however find it a little hard to believe they will do a remodel after only 4 years of production for the U.S.
The current Skyline was out a little bit before we got it as the G35. They'll get the new Skyline first, and we'll get it a little later. The GT-R will probably be the same way.

And I really wasn't talking about the GT-R. I was just saying that the R32 seems to have better capabilities than the newest skyline. I never drove the R32 or R33 or R34, but I did drive the G35 and from what all the things that I hear from people who drove a skyline it sounds like the G35 wouldn't even be able to catch up.
If you aren't talking about the GT-R, then there really isn't a comparison between the R32 and V35, on a stock-to-stock basis. The most powerful R32 non-GT-R made 212hp from its RB20DET. The weakest V35(current Skyline) makes 215hp from a VQ25DD. The V35s go up to 250hp from the VQ30DD, all the way up to over 276hp from the VQ35DE.

I would love to see some pro race car drivers drive a G35 at some test tracks to see how it does. Was this already done before???
Best Motoring's drivers tested it. Look for the DVD. According to them, the CPV35 Skyline Coupe even outslaloms the R34 GT-R.

And please if you get annoyed by me...sorry =)
Nope, no annoyance here. :smile:

<SSR>David
03-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Thank you so much for that info. Cleared a lot of things for me =)
I'm really a 350z guy and will always be a Z guy but the G35 interested me as the new 07 skyline so I just wanted more information on it =) Thanks again everyone.

Add your comment to this topic!