Page updated on 11-18-2017

'04 G35 vs '05 G35

Bdetore
02-24-2005, 03:40 PM
298hp @ 6400/260lb ft @ 4800 or 280hp @ 6000/270lb ft @ 4800?
8 way adjustable seats or 6way?
Suspension package with 19"s or Brembo brake package with 18"
Power telescoping/tilting steering column with new guage cluster or manual adjustment with older guage cluster?
Oh yeah,... there's new orange stitching on the wheel in the coupe, and no cassette deck in the '05. (Does anyone even use cassettes anymore?)

I've been looking at G35's for a while now. I test drove an '05 and was dissappointed with the low end. Does the extra 10 ft lbs make the difference in the '04? I can still buy an '04 with 200 miles on it loaded, but I'll have to have it shipped halfway accross the country. Is it worth getting the Brembos and the torque? Should I get a new one and look to spending $$$ in the aftermarket? Should I swallow my pride, buy a beater and wait until I can afford a vette? Is that a sacrilidgeous statement here? The magazines and web pages all have 0-60 time for the '04 anywhere from 5.7 - 6.2. The dealer says the '05 is 5.6. Which one handles better, performs better, and is overall the better car. Did Nissan drop the ball this year, or did they raise the bar? Help me out people,... I'm banging my head. :banghead:

johnnyrockets
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
I have a 6spd '04 with a nismo stage 2 performance package that I had factory installed. It pushed out just under 360 ft/lbs torque on the dyno, and just over 350HP with a recorded 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds. (Not your stock G35). I spent $16,000.00 on the package, and I don't regret a single penny of it. I've blown every 350Z i've gone up against out of the water . I feel like the Z was played out from day one anyways. The G35, even stock, has better handling than the 350Z to the best of my knowledge to answer your question.

Bdetore
03-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. The one problem there is that if I could simply spend an extra $16k I would by an '05 C6. I'm actually in talks with the dealer now for the red '04. All I have to do now is find the least expensive, yet safe way to ship it up here and then put on the 3M paint guards. Maybe in the future I'll spend the cash to put some boost into it, but for now, I just don't want to have to work on a car for a while. I've been fixing up and repairing them for years, and I'm a bit worn out. For now 0-60 in under 6sec will have to do. By the way, how is your MPG with the upgrades?

Bdetore
03-09-2005, 07:55 PM
O.k. I did it. The red '04. 212 miles on it. So I kinda get to break it in. 6speed, navi, aero. Everything but the goofy side moldings. Owww! My wallet hurts. Shipping it from Missouri to Seattle. Now I wait. I don't know how long it'll be for the stories, but my girlfriend already mentioned on the test drive she's thinking about buying me radar detector. So maybe the stories will be slow comin'.

Add your comment to this topic!