Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Elantra GLS - Door Lock Question

joshnya
02-24-2005, 11:54 AM
I've owned my 2002 Elantra GLS for 3 years now and never figured out what this strange sound coming from my door panel was until I road in my friends Mini-Cooper and his doors autmatically locked after about 200 feet of driving.

After I put my car into drive and accelarate down the road for about 100 feet (2 driveways or so) and going about 10 MPH I hear a flick-flick sound in my door panel. However, the automatic door locks do not 'lock' but it sounds like they are. Do the 02 Elantras have a feature like this that can be disabled and mine are?

The sound that I'm hearing is a quiter version of the actual doors being locked (as if you manually flipped the door lock). It happens every time I start the car and drive the first few 100 feet.

However, I do not hear the same sound when I put the car into Park or turn off the ignition.

Anybody also notice this?

Wa jang chang
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
My 2001 does not have the speed-sensitive auto door lock feature so I cannot really comment on your problem. I suggest you call Hyundai dealerships for your problem. It could be a loose part in the door. Good luck!!!

RedScorp
02-24-2005, 10:49 PM
I have a 2002 also and to the best of my knowledge the autolocking feature you speak of is not offered with the Elantra standard or accessory. I agree that you should probably have the dealership look at it.

I've owned my 2002 Elantra GLS for 3 years now and never figured out what this strange sound coming from my door panel was until I road in my friends Mini-Cooper and his doors autmatically locked after about 200 feet of driving.

After I put my car into drive and accelarate down the road for about 100 feet (2 driveways or so) and going about 10 MPH I hear a flick-flick sound in my door panel. However, the automatic door locks do not 'lock' but it sounds like they are. Do the 02 Elantras have a feature like this that can be disabled and mine are?

The sound that I'm hearing is a quiter version of the actual doors being locked (as if you manually flipped the door lock). It happens every time I start the car and drive the first few 100 feet.

However, I do not hear the same sound when I put the car into Park or turn off the ignition.

Anybody also notice this?

Add your comment to this topic!