Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

10" SQ Subwoofer Suggestions Please

aznxthuggie
02-24-2005, 02:16 AM
hey u guys, i got a problem, i need a good sq woofer, 10" preferebly, the only reason i mgiht get a 12 is if i go for the 12" atlas.. yess i wanna try it, might as well jump on the bandwagon while its hot

ok anyways so far i have these subs, my budget is under $175, i'll be running 300rms

Edesign 11Kv.2
JL Audio 10w3v2
Image Dynamics IDQv2
Diamond Audio CM3
Soundsplinter RL-i

any other suggestions? thanks u guys

shawnwilliams
02-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Go with Rockford, they pound good and have excellent sound. Another option is mtx, they can be alittle more applealing with alittle more bass. obviously for more money.

With these 2 there is more a variety of different subs that you can choose from also you can find these subs anywere.

Diceman83
02-24-2005, 08:21 AM
oooo.... shawn you're gonna get ripped. Take a look at the brand listings thread. Rockford is pretty close to the bottom.

Ponchonutcase is gonna want you get Directed, and NG and Bumpin are going to rip him for it, then suggest something from RE... I think it all comes down to personal preference and the actual install of the sub. See if you can find someone who owns one of the subs you're interested in, and listen to it for a while.

aznxthuggie
02-24-2005, 10:49 AM
i know diceman, i've been around here long enough haha

before.. people would just start shooting suggestions about RE n adire, or they'd throw in a pacakge from edesign, i just want to see if they have other suggestions

bumpinstang77
02-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Out of what you said I like the atlas the best. I've had some experience w/ the ED, JL, and SS(not in car), Heard a ID IDQv2 but don't really remember it cuz it was only for a second. Another option is an SE10 it shouldn't have a problem outwangin all those (cept for the atlas 12) and will still sound pretty good. If u wanna wait a little bit I'm sure AA will have some 10's commin out... Atlas 10 shoud be too far away.

ngsm13
02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I ain't gonna recommend RE or Adire...

SQ wise, I'd go with the rl-i 10...mike's suggestion of the atlas is also another good choice! I have never heard an atlas yet, I own a 12" rl-i and let me tell you it's AMAZING!

NG

Go with Rockford, they pound good and have excellent sound. Another option is mtx, they can be alittle more applealing with alittle more bass. obviously for more money.

With these 2 there is more a variety of different subs that you can choose from also you can find these subs anywere.

oh, and you're a dummy...;)

Mannyb18b
02-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Might want to consider a ID IDQv2 10"

balls_to_the_wall
02-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Do I remember right you said you were getting out of car audio??...or was that someone else?

J/W

-Ryan

Mannyb18b
02-24-2005, 03:16 PM
who?

AndonD454
02-24-2005, 03:24 PM
yeah that was him but if i remember correctly, he was gonna go with an sq setup that wasnt crazy expensive.. and just keep that, then stop with car audio.. maybe thats why hes lookin for an sq woofer? i dotn know for sure im just assuming

aznxthuggie
02-24-2005, 06:02 PM
yea u guys are right, u know how i said i was getting out right? well alot of stuff happened from when i posted that... to now..

and im still getting out, but my car is still stripped, my clarion was messed up, so i had to send it back for a new one... but then the stupid ebay company sent me a refurb, when he clearly said exchange for a new one, so now i still have nothing except speakers in my car

anyways im probably going to run the sub off the rubicon amp im getting, and speakers off the head unit..... unless i get some deal for the amp

and once again.. yes im getting out of car audio heh, i sold all my stuff and got back a lil more than $900 (minus the front speakers), and im going to use about $350 of that to get back some parts that i need in my car, like head unit, and well.. a sub heh

keep the suggestions comin, im glad all u guys remembered

balls_to_the_wall
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok, just wondering

ngsm13
02-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Might want to consider a ID IDQv2 10"

Did he edit his post? Because it's already on his list now...lol

NG

Mannyb18b
02-25-2005, 11:45 AM
HAHA, ( X-Files music plays in background). maybe he didnt

ngsm13
02-25-2005, 02:30 PM
HAHA, ( X-Files music plays in background). maybe he didnt

It's weird, b/c on most other forums it says if the post has been edited or not at the bottom of each post...oh well! :(

NG

CBFryman
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
adire koda 10, im going with the preditions unline bumpin and ngsm.....what a couple of loosers....changeing their prefernces just because someone said htey always reccomend RE or Adire.... :loser:

bumpinstang77
02-25-2005, 06:04 PM
to bad I said to look at an SE10 and an atlas 10 when they come out ...... fryman like litle boys!!!!

aznxthuggie
02-25-2005, 08:48 PM
haha, thx u guys, im not saying don't recommend re or adire, u can, but i want to see what other subs there are ya know? also.. does the xbl2 motor really make it sound that great? because on a few forums i see people using idq's as a reference for sq, to test against other subs, and if the xbl2 motor makes it sound so much better than an idq, it maybe worth trying

CBFryman
02-26-2005, 10:33 AM
it doesnt make it sound better than IDq it makes it sound just as good but with more margin for error. XBL^2 is to woofers as Hemi and V-Tec (and otehr variable valve timing set ups) are to the performance world. it is a great thing, for what it is. but its not the end all of motor technoligy... XBL^2 gives great Xmax and good motor sensitivity (for what its worth) and gives an even BL curve (precise cone controll wether it is moving 1mm or 100mm in the parthenon's case) that is harder to acheive with your conventional 1 coil 1 magnetic feild design... there are other things that do the same thing using different principals...such as JL's DM tech....the only thing is that JL wont lend its motor technoligy to all these other companies for a price. companies like Re and ascentant are paying adire royalties for owning the patent. (dan is a cheap basterd, money loving SOB, i still love your products)
Also, XBL^2 can be used for any driver. Subs, Midbass Drivers, and even tweeters. yes adire is in the process of creating a tweeter with 4mm of xmax....now imagine, your normal tweet's xmax can barely be measured....4mm is amazing from a tweeter...it is going to be extremely loud.... too loud for my ears to stand.... but it is still an amazing acheivement.

Mannyb18b
02-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Xtant X series

ponchonutty
03-04-2005, 08:18 PM
hey u guys, i got a problem, i need a good sq woofer, 10" preferebly, the only reason i mgiht get a 12 is if i go for the 12" atlas.. yess i wanna try it, might as well jump on the bandwagon while its hot

ok anyways so far i have these subs, my budget is under $175, i'll be running 300rms

Edesign 11Kv.2
JL Audio 10w3v2
Image Dynamics IDQv2
Diamond Audio CM3
Soundsplinter RL-i

any other suggestions? thanks u guys

Well, out of that list, I'd go with Image Dynamics IDQv2. I'd also give a look at something large like the Orion H2.

aznxthuggie
03-05-2005, 03:44 AM
wait how much is the H2?? i thought it was expensive

ngsm13
03-05-2005, 10:59 AM
companies like Re and ascentant are paying adire royalties for owning the patent. (dan is a cheap basterd, money loving SOB, i still love your products)

If you only knew... :rolleyes:

NG

ponchonutty
03-06-2005, 04:55 PM
wait how much is the H2?? i thought it was expensive
Well, now that they have been out for a while you should be able to snag one from $150-$200. The only problem is they need major power. If you want to save on space and have a nice hard hitting system, look into Directed's Studio or CompX line. They are setup to run tri-mode. What that means is there is 3 power ranges that these will run. Plus, if you plan to hit them hard, they have the "Dual gap geometry" they took from PPI's line. I did a single 12" CompX in a ported box tuned to 33htz for a guy. He had some crappy 1000 watt MTX amp that he loved and we hooked it up. It sounded OK and he was real happy until I brought out Orion's 750d. Man did it slam. Then the guy was pissed that he "had" to buy my amp :loser:

bumpinstang77
03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
NGSM: IA fOO!!!!!!!!! I be's a REP soon WOOOTTT!!!

Fryman: RE no ADIRE no AUDIOBAHN no shit I dunno umm YOUR ALL AA/RE WHORES!!!!1111!!!! OK get Adire its the best

Poncho: Directed Orion Directed PPI Directed DEI PWNZ IS TEH SHIZ!!!1!!!11111!!! DEI DEI DEI DEI

sr20: blah blah transient response is better in blahblah then blah blah therefore your THD in blahblah will be lower even though its not Audible so go with BLAHBLAH!!!!!!

PualD: I'm old school <insert techie info>

Me: SE ...... RE PWNZ JOOOO xxx would be nice too or a brahma 10!!!!

Threed: What he said ^

Manny: What? I'm lost ohh yea someone like bumpin NG or SR20 will get you straight I'm juss gunna hore it up n say that

Germanyt: DOOOOOD werd mofo get some PUNCH FORGATES!!!!!! yea ull hit like 155deeebeeess!!!!!!! make sure you pick up your kick ass box from Q-Logic!!!!!!

Andon: what they said

Haibane: I haven't been here in like a year werd mofo my xxx PWNZ I used to be an ED whore EDEDEDEDED

OK I'm done

AndonD454
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
:lol2: HAHAHAHA :rofl:

Mannyb18b
03-07-2005, 04:28 PM
:eek7:

Mannyb18b
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Original topic, check out Xtant-X series, you may like them. Great SQ

aznxthuggie
03-07-2005, 05:23 PM
lol wth, where is haibane anyways? n yea i'll check out all the subs, im trying to find places so i can listen to them

bumpinstang77
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
haibane disappeared and never returned..... where u located?

aznxthuggie
03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
so cal, LA area

germanyt
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM
aznx, im not sure what these other guys might say, but it sounds like youre not really trying to compete with anyone. just a little bump to make the ride in the car that much better. i recommend Kicker Comp VR 10" in a sealed box. they are probably right around your price range for two of them and 300watts rms is plenty of power for them. i have a buddy who has almost the same setup with a planet audio 2 channel amp. he couldnt be happier with it. seriously, check them out. fuck what these other guys say.

aznxthuggie
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
aznx, im not sure what these other guys might say, but it sounds like youre not really trying to compete with anyone. just a little bump to make the ride in the car that much better. i recommend Kicker Comp VR 10" in a sealed box. they are probably right around your price range for two of them and 300watts rms is plenty of power for them. i have a buddy who has almost the same setup with a planet audio 2 channel amp. he couldnt be happier with it. seriously, check them out. fuck what these other guys say.

heh im not trying to compete, but i want a sub that sounds nice, i've owned a kicker cvr before, i had the 12", it wasn't that great, i upgraded to an alpine type r with the same power and it sounded better, but now i want the best sounding driver possible for the $

bumpinstang77
03-08-2005, 01:19 PM

Fuck what you say your a 12v idiot. Kicker CompVR's are not sq subs and do not sound very good. They're budget subs for little punk asses like you who just wanna get loud for your cheap ass McDonalds paycheck. You have no cluewhat your talking about........ohhshit that's right you hit 150 w. a couple p3's LMAO!!!! Maybe IN the port on the OLD AC MAYBE.

ngsm13
03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Fuck what you say your a 12v idiot. Kicker CompVR's are not sq subs and do not sound very good. They're budget subs for little punk asses like you who just wanna get loud for your cheap ass McDonalds paycheck. You have no cluewhat your talking about........ohhshit that's right you hit 150 w. a couple p3's LMAO!!!! Maybe IN the port on the OLD AC MAYBE.

I thought that was a different guy... :uhoh:

NG

Mannyb18b
03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I think its the same one

CBFryman
03-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Who cares, he is still a dumbass...

aznxthuggie
03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
hey u guys, i think im guna go with a 12w3v2, because over the past week, i've heard a few installs with that sub, and it sounds pretty nice, imo its alot better than my type r, it gets louder n puts out cleaner bass, its probably not as clean as the idq, but after the installs i heard this past week im going to get that sub

the reason im not guna go for the 13kv2s, is because they're still on friggin backorder, im not guna wait

the reason i didnt go with the idqs, is because im afraid of the lack of output, because i was dissapointed with my friends idmaxs, for 2 high end subs like that i'd expect it to be louder, so im assuming the idqs will be like the lil bro of the max's

im not going to go with the ss sub because its $164 already (i decided to use a 12") and with shipping it is probably closer to $200, im getting the 12w3v2 for $150 authorized

thx alot u guys

ngsm13
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
hey u guys, i think im guna go with a 12w3v2, because over the past week, i've heard a few installs with that sub, and it sounds pretty nice, imo its alot better than my type r, it gets louder n puts out cleaner bass, its probably not as clean as the idq, but after the installs i heard this past week im going to get that sub

the reason im not guna go for the 13kv2s, is because they're still on friggin backorder, im not guna wait

the reason i didnt go with the idqs, is because im afraid of the lack of output, because i was dissapointed with my friends idmaxs, for 2 high end subs like that i'd expect it to be louder, so im assuming the idqs will be like the lil bro of the max's

im not going to go with the ss sub because its $164 already (i decided to use a 12") and with shipping it is probably closer to $200, im getting the 12w3v2 for $150 authorized

thx alot u guys

Sounds like a good deal, but i'd still give the Ascendant Audio Atlas 12 a second look! ;)

NG

bumpinstang77
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
hmmm I wasn't to fond of the w3v2's SQ.... I mean it sounds pretty good on every note and hits low as hell in a factory build sealed box BUT it seems to color the music a little too much for my tastes..... I'd give the Atlas 12 a try if I was you..... the reviews coming back are AWSOME.

aznxthuggie
03-09-2005, 12:14 PM
yea i know the w3v2's sq isn't as good as the idqs or atlas from what people tell me

but it sure gets a hell of a lot louder than the idq/atlas

bumpinstang77
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM
very seriously doubt it W3v2's aren't very loud. It took 4 12w3v2's in a hatchback with a kilowatt to be as loud as my sexxx's off 380 watts

ngsm13
03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
How do you know the w3v2 is louder than the Atlas...betcha it isn't...:)

NG

aznxthuggie
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
heh maybe it isn't, ok so i might not get the w3

im friggin pissed right now too

i got both amps, and i ran all the wires, power n everything again

then i tried to make the stupid shit work but it wont

it got dark so i gotta try again tomorrow, i just got an amp for my speakers n i can't get it to work, man.. piss me off, n the place didnt have a dual 4 ohm w3, n.. i got a test tomorrow.. ughh

aznxthuggie
03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
ok i found out the soundstream amp was DOA, so i was pissed.. but then i found out the soundstream is located about 30 min from where i live, so i just went down there, when i got there the ss/pa guy basically said i can have a new, better amp now, or he can take a week to repair the amp, of course i jus got the better amp

anyways this time im not installing myself, and i tried at a shop, the "professionals" dont know jack, they know how to run wires n hide everything, but they didnt even help me set the gains or anything, when i checked, the bass boost was all the way up, and the gain was all the way down, they "finished", but i set the gains myself (by ear, no voltmeter yet) and they didn't actually finish, when i started my car there was HORRIBLE SYSTEM NOISE, picked up my alternator, picked up more noise when i was changing songs on my head unit, n everything, probably a bad ground, but hell i paid them to install it, so tomorrow im going to go back and have them get rid of the system noise

also still deciding on a sub hah, i think no jl12w3 now, because i found out that i can't get one for $150 or under (which was my budget) so im guna keep lookin, im probably going to get the ed 13kv2, or the idq tho

germanyt
03-11-2005, 04:47 PM
my mcdonalds paycheck huh? funny. how old are you dude like 16. you sure do act like it. in fact there are a coulple of people here that need to grow up. some of you might need to take a step back and think "hey, ive been brainwashed by all of these people into thinking that re, or brahma are the best subs out there and thats it" you completely rule out other peoples opinion based on what you would use in your application. what makes you so special that people should believe you. for all we know you could just be spittin out shit you read on the internet or get from this forum. how bout you pull your head out of your ass and start thinking about what your saying. if i remember correctly, this guy is not looking to spend a shitload of money, so i did a little research and found something that might work for him at the price he listed. im not trying to advertise the comp vr. ive never even owned any, but i give an idea and if hes interested he can look it up, if not then nevermind. just shut the fuck up. get a life

Mannyb18b
03-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Are you talking about bumpin??? FYI he has (2) Resonant Engineering SEXXX's that can eat up alot of systems. I dont know who your talking about, but most people here have at the least decent systems by audiophile standards. Noah has 18"XXX, Magnums an so on, Three has a XXX 15" thanx to recomendations in this forum an im sure he couldnt be happier.

AndonD454
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
haha and to back up bumpin hes kinda right.. that pretty much described me. i had little to no money and wanted to get loud as fuck.. the only decent solution was a comp VR.. it was 100 bucks and gets damn loud.. im selling it this summer. ha so if i wouldve listened to him and got an SE or atlas i probably would need to get rid of it..

well hey at least im pretty happy with me amp.. for 200 authorized i thought it was a pretty good deal. now i have an amp for comps later on.

HOWEVER germany i do kinda agree in the sense that these guys seem to be stuck on internet brands and rarely recommend anything else.. but hey they really are good products so i suppose i dont have a big problem with that.. and besides, mainstream brands get enough advertising as it is.

ponchonutty
03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
my mcdonalds paycheck huh? funny. how old are you dude like 16. you sure do act like it. in fact there are a coulple of people here that need to grow up. some of you might need to take a step back and think "hey, ive been brainwashed by all of these people into thinking that re, or brahma are the best subs out there and thats it" you completely rule out other peoples opinion based on what you would use in your application. what makes you so special that people should believe you. for all we know you could just be spittin out shit you read on the internet or get from this forum. how bout you pull your head out of your ass and start thinking about what your saying. if i remember correctly, this guy is not looking to spend a shitload of money, so i did a little research and found something that might work for him at the price he listed. im not trying to advertise the comp vr. ive never even owned any, but i give an idea and if hes interested he can look it up, if not then nevermind. just shut the fuck up. get a life

Very well stated. It's too bad this little punk crowd only pitches what they have with little exception. They blasted me because I like to tout Directed Audio. Granted I am a dealer of these but by choice. So, these prepubicent little ones started trying to light me up by thinking that I was "brain washed" into DEI like they are on their old school stuff. Of course I had to prove them wrong and though out the big names that I have. Again, I only suggest what I feel is a decent fit for the questions asked. Hardly anyone here could afford to buy Orion H2 subs and McIntosh amps so why plug them?

germanyt
03-11-2005, 11:20 PM
im not disagreeing with the fact that brands like re and brahma are good. but it seems like he only doesnt like the others because they are "mainstream". just because they have a good ad campaign and are very popular doesnt mean that they are shit. mtx makes some awesome subs, alpine makes great amps, and whatever happen to brands like memphis, polk momo, or phoenix gold. when i first got into car audio this stuff was the best around. it just really irritates me that this guy shits on everyone elses system because he believes he has the best shit around. oh well, its probably not worth getting worked up over. hes just some punk teenager who feels like he just isn't good enough if he cant get someone to agree with him.

aznxthuggie
03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
wow hey guys calm down, no need for fighting, ok anyways.. some crap came up...

#1 this time i got lazy, i paid a "professional installer" to help me run all the wires thru, and for some reason, my head units preouts aren't working now... which is total shit, so i gotta either sell my pioneer or send it to them (pioneer) to fix, since i haven't had sound in my car for awhile i might sell it to my friend (since he doesn't use any amps) and let him deal with it
#2 because of the head unit, i lost some $, and i am once again scared of a head unit brand (or installer) but im going back to an alpine, they've always worked best for me, but i gotta dish out some extra $ for an alpine
#3 i really just want to finish all this crap up, im sick n tired of messing with my system, i just want it to work, im waiting for my friends decision, whether or not he buys my head unit on monday, if he gives the ok, then im going to buy the rest of my stuff n finish everything monday, i decided to get an alpine type S 10" just to fill in the bass, i seriously am out of $ now, i can't afford anything (sub) over $100 at the moment, but its ok, as long as i dont gotta deal with it anymore, but if he says no... then i gotta send it to pioneer, wait (im guessing) a week or 2 before they send it back, then.. THEN after all that put it back in o well as long as i finish up

thx for all ur help guys

ngsm13
03-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Wow...

How about, with the supposed companies we tout around all the time...you can get comparable quality OR BETTER for the same price OR LESS. Maybe that's why. You're paying for quality, not just a name plastered on some mediocre product. Subwoofer wise, it's on of the best ways to go. I have not ONCE seen you recommend ANYTHING other than ONE company poncho, for real. At least I'm out her recommending at least 5-6 companies for subwoofers. In almost all instances, I offer plenty of choices FOR THE PERSON'S application. (Usually nothing like my application). I love Alpine and Eclipse head units, Directed/MTX/Phoenix Gold amplifiers, and all types of other "main-stream" stuff. Subwoofer wise though, my heart is with the "internet" companies if you want to call it that. I talk to the owners, hang out with one on a regular basis. They're great PEOPLE with great products, period. So that's it.

NG

aznxthuggie
03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
i think im going to do everything on monday

waiting for my friend to see if he wants my head unit

i still really want an edesign sub, but the dam 10/12 are still on backorder, i dont wanna make a box, so if i find a decent box for a 15" (smaller 15" boxes) i might just buy it and order the 16kv2 (since its still cheaper than the idq/w3/rl-p etc)

CBFryman
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
how about we all swich to pyle for SQ?

bumpinstang77
03-13-2005, 12:29 AM
First off you all don't know what your talking about
PERIOD. Don't come on here calling me pubescent with my head stuck up my ass. The reason I reccomend mostly net brands is because it's the best available for the money. Mainstream brands tend to have t/s parameters that look so magical to the customer yet when you get it in it sounds like shit.... poncho remember when i posted the thing about directed's SX's and RE's SX's its clear that the RE's are better.... and about your whole h2 thing..... Id ont' reccomend h2's cuz they're made cheaply and have a high fail rate.... even though you can pick them up for around 300 on ebay it would be a much better choice to go w. an xxx. you all can think w/e u wanna think but come talk to me when you can get 2 12's in a trunked car hittin over 140 with 380watts (not to mention I'm tuned low as hell)

Add your comment to this topic!