Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Miata Owner Q's

zenraptor
02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
I just sold my 95 camry just so i could get a miata. Im looking at a 1997 mazda miata with 84k miles. From what ive seen in the pics they sent, the car is super clean on the inside and out. But i havent had a chance to go out and look at the engine, and go into detail with the car. I just needed to know if this type of car is as hard to fix, if somting breaks, as others say they are. Also do i REALLY need to take it to a "miata mechanic" to get just the simplest thing as an oil change done. I know the timing belt might need to be replaced but im used to that. Basically just anyting any one would think id need to know before i shell out the cash to get this car. Thanks

mx52nv
02-24-2005, 12:20 PM
it's a very easy car to work on. only thing you may want to really inquire about is if they have had the timing belt replaced yet. not too hard to do yourself, not much harder than doing your own brakes. as for oil changes, the filter is a pain in the butt to get to, but can be solved with a relocation kit. if you want a lot more power, there are several turbo and supercharger kits available. overall the Miata is a very reliable car to own.

Add your comment to this topic!