Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gt3 to gt4

AvAlAnChE1090
02-23-2005, 10:52 PM
how do you transfer a gt3 car to gt4?

AvAlAnChE1090
02-23-2005, 10:53 PM
and how do u tranfer money, i didnt get to read the directions sorry lol

eps
02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't know if you can transfer cars. If you can, I would like to know as well.

You can only transfer 100,000c from GT3, and you can only do this once for each record. To do it, go to home, then settings and press Start.

AvAlAnChE1090
02-23-2005, 11:43 PM
settings... u mean option?

pre98zetec
02-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Home-Status then press start once you're in there, Click ok and it should transfer licenses. Click ok again once it says you have. Then click ok again to transfer money, then click ok when done.

longlivetheZ
02-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Sweet ass...I'm in the process of earning all my licenses again and I was thinking earlier to my self "boy it'd be great to use the licenses and my cars from the last game..."...this thread is GREAT news!

BP2K2Max
02-27-2005, 11:22 PM
^u can't transfer all of 'em. just the a&b licenses, so you still have to earn the ia, ib and super licenses on your own. the S license tests are a pain in the ass.

longlivetheZ
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh that's so gay...I already GOT the A and B licenses on my own...fuckin shit...

BP2K2Max
02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
i did the a&b licenses anyway. it gives you a free car and it helped me get used to the new physics.

longlivetheZ
03-01-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm working on the IA right now. I hate these damn tests...

...once I get done with this test, it's time to unleash my R32 on the race cars in the professional league...:biggrin:

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Got my IA and started the All Japan race in my R32. Fuckin kicked ALL of their asses. I was SO much faster than them and took turns SO much faster than them that it's not even funny...then my tires went to shit after 3 laps and a moped could run better times then me. GOTTA GET DIFFERENT TIRES. The soft racing ones: GREAT for the drag strip or 2 lap races...THAT'S ABOUT IT. I couldn't even imagine the super soft ones...they must last a half a lap or some shit...how useless.

So...I decided to use my Nissan 350Z LM Concept. It's not as fast as the R32, but It's faster then the other guys and handles better then them, but the tires last way longer and grip well. I'm about done with the All Japan GT races...and I will win...

xlxviciousxlx
03-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Man, it was so easy (the race not the licences they were a pain in the ass....) but i got bored with kicking their ass with the trueno so i used my sleighty in b spec mode.....he did better than i did.

hell i used b spec mode for my endurance.....just came back every few min to check on his tireds and gas lol

tonioseven
03-02-2005, 12:47 PM
B-spec is cool!! I started a race, shaved, showered and made a sandwich and came back to see that I won:sunglasse

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Hmmm...I'm going to have to check out this b-spec mode...haven't even tried it yet. Sounds interesting.

Oh...I won the All Japan GT Championship, too. Wasn't too hard...I made it hard on myself on accident cuz I restarted the championship cuz I thought I had came in second...then quickly realized that I had won...I read it wrong but I had already reset the PS2. Oh well...I did it all again and I did win...just had to do it all twice...

xlxviciousxlx
03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
yeah b-spec is awsome i turned it to fast, and overtake on a endurnce i came back like 10 min later pitted the other cars passed me and i saw that i was still in first.....so i put it on cruse, 10 min later i come back and im still in first and whe went to pass me and then i saw that i still was in first so i said fuk it and put him to push it....it was the funniest thing i've ever seen i won and was pulling the fasted lap each lap., oh god they made, b-spec mode so easy, my guy skill is like a little over 2000. and wooping ass.

out there
03-03-2005, 01:13 AM
i have only played a little because i'm in school right now, but my roommate bought it and we would race the rx7 against the s2000 on a different track almost every night, good times... i really like the addition of n2o in this one, makes faster laps easy. once i buy the game, i'm planning to pick up to wheel too, i think it will make the game much easier, esp launching... although, with the stock rx7, it isn't hard to jump away from the s2000 at the start

RUDebtFree
03-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I had a small question. I haven't went out and bought GT4 yet, but will probably this weekend.

When you transfer over the 100,000 Cr and the A & B license, do you get the reward cars for those license? I mean if you don't get the prize cars I think I might want to just transfer over the credits and work for the prize cars. If anyone could answer that I'd appreciate it. I just don't want to transfer over all 3 items if I'm not going to get the cars.

Thanks!!!

out there
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
i watched my roommate start a game this way, and he did not receive any bonus cars.
when i do purchase the game, i don't plan to transfer anything over, that would make it too easy

xlxviciousxlx
03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah my friend and i noticed that too. we didnt get any cars for transfering. we figure bacause of the 10,000c you start off with...and the 100,000 you get from GT3, youd have enough to buy your first car and up it a little....but you never know.

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I already had my A and B licenses when I found out you could transfer them. I had no clue you even could till it didn't matter any more. Now I have everything but my super license. They're not too hard. I remember the Super license being REALLY hard on GT3 so I'm not really looking forward to it.

RUDebtFree
03-03-2005, 08:18 PM
So can you transfer the 100,000 credits and not the license?

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't know...I haven't even tried. I'd imagine so...?

xlxviciousxlx
03-04-2005, 04:11 PM
100,000c and just your A and B licences can be transfered.

leadfoot100
06-29-2012, 03:46 PM
here it is 8 years later and i am just starting to enjoy my ps2!
talk about being behind in the times.
i just did the transfer and it went good thanks to you guys here.
back to the track :)

amnslkr
07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
I had a lot of fun with GT4, but I seemed to like GT3 a bit more. Now if I coudl just find my memory card and a PS2 again.

leadfoot100
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
i have both but i prefer gt 4
if you can't find your gt 3, let me know, if not, you can have mine if i can find it.
Now if i could just win that darn Escudo.........:)

amnslkr
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I have GT3 (even though it's cracked a little but it still works). Just my PS2 is broke and my memory card is MIA.

I had a lot of fun with the Mitsubishi FTO LM. I have been looking for it in the used cars on GT5 and found it once, but I did not have enough cash at the time. Of course by the time I did the car was gone. That has become my new goal in the game.

leadfoot100
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
i have a memory card and i think that it is the one with ps3 data on it.
i bought it from a young lad through kijiji.
it has over a million cr's and the escudo.
most of the game is done except for licences....i think.
i'll have a look.
i bought the machine, one controller and one card for $20.00!

amnslkr
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Nice deal! Yeah, I had one card that I used the Gameshark on and just went nuts, but the one I want is the one I did all myself (well, I used the Gameshark to get all the licences.) Earned enough where money wasn't an issue with anything and had a big garage. Was a miser with money and planned car purchases to get the most return for my investment with each purchase.

I actually bought my first PS2 along with GT3 when I was deployed to Diego Garcia. They didn't have any memory cards on the island, so I had to start over from scratch each time. On my day off I would hook it up to a tv and play for 16 hours on end. By the time I got stateside I knew exactly what to buy and when to start the game (went Miata, Supra, Corvette Z06.) I also got the first Red Faction too.

Add your comment to this topic!