Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

46 rh transmission

joetib81
02-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I have a 94 ram 1500 two wheel drive. I was driving and it seemed like the tranny was not engaging. There was a whinning noise coming from the bell housing area. I went to a tranny shop and I was told that the torque converter was gone. I dropped the tranny and installed a new torque converter. I put the tranny up to the motor and when I snugged the bolts the crank would not turn. So I backed off the bolts a little and the crank would turn. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem.

troy1
02-23-2005, 10:44 PM
probally dont have the T.C. in all the way engaged into the pump gears or wrong T.C.

joetib81
02-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I think it is in all the way. I turned the T.C. while the tranny was out of the truck and the tail shaft would turn. Another thing is that the T.C. will not come out of the tranny.

troy1
02-24-2005, 01:13 PM
well sounds to me like you just wrecked the pump bushing and possibly the pump gears. Just because the output shaft turns does not mean the TC is in all they way. Most of the time when the TC fails on a dodge its time for a overhall

theFREAKnasty82
02-25-2005, 02:46 AM
make sure also that you have the converter pushed in all the way on the input shaft splines. If you don't you run the risk of messing up things inside.

Add your comment to this topic!