Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b350 fuel problem

BUDDA
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
1994 b350, fuel gets to @ 3/4 tank on gauge the old girl sputters, spits, pretty much quits runnin, I can put 2 or more gallons gas in tank and it runs fine. I put dry gas in it, tried inj. cleaner, what should I do next besides get rid of her?

Kb3hg
04-09-2005, 04:22 PM
1994 b350, fuel gets to @ 3/4 tank on gauge the old girl sputters, spits, pretty much quits runnin, I can put 2 or more gallons gas in tank and it runs fine. I put dry gas in it, tried inj. cleaner, what should I do next besides get rid of her?Check the fuel filters, if you can check fuel pressure which tests the fuel pump. you didn't say power falloff or just about dies. but this is what it sounds like. Had similar problem in another dodge van. in that case i ended up replacing the complete fuel pump. just remember in any book a repair is less than 2 payments on a replacement van.

Tom

SM401
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Had a similar issue with my 96 Ram 3500. First it would happen near the bottom of the tank - but over a couple years it worked its way up to 3/4 tank. A friend who's a Dodge service mgr. said that sometimes the fuel-pump feeder tube (?) comes loose - so when the tank gets below that point - it's like drinking thru a cracked straw. Fill the tank above that point and it's fine. Eventually, I had to replace the fuel pump. Expensive, but like KB3HG says - it's cheaper than a couple car payments. BTW, I'm up to 179,000 miles - and hope to get many more.

Add your comment to this topic!