Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine performance

toyaco15
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
I was wondering about performance upgrades for my 2.7 tacoma. I already have a header and hi-flow muffler along with a deckplate mod. But i was curious about any other modifications i can make to my engine for more power. I already know of performance camshafts and pistons($$), machined intakes, bored out throttle bodies, electric fans, superchargers,and control modules (venom).
I was wondering if there are any other mods that I'm overlooking or just do not know exist. I have 33's on it right now, so i know that re-gearing is an option as well.
Note: I'm definitley not interested in NOS or engine swaps.

tacoma_dan
03-23-2005, 08:54 PM
I was wondering about performance upgrades for my 2.7 tacoma. I already have a header and hi-flow muffler along with a deckplate mod. But i was curious about any other modifications i can make to my engine for more power. I already know of performance camshafts and pistons($$), machined intakes, bored out throttle bodies, electric fans, superchargers,and control modules (venom).
I was wondering if there are any other mods that I'm overlooking or just do not know exist. I have 33's on it right now, so i know that re-gearing is an option as well.
Note: I'm definitley not interested in NOS or engine swaps.

- check out the tornado air intake
-search on ebay for tacoma, there are many things like a intake chip adding 20hp for about 5 bucks, cold air intakes for about 40 dollars, regearing is a good option but its not really necessary for 33's

OBATDDSD
03-30-2005, 11:44 PM
You've mentioned them already. don't waste your time on chips unless its end user programable. (piggy back computer). You've done the deck and exhaust already. Engine rebuild is next unless smog is an issue and $$ is an issue. Engine swap requires lots of mech ability, time and money. supercharger and turbo are good but they require other support equip(gauges, fuel mods, piggy back computer, laptop to program, diagnostic programs, and 91 octane or better) Deck mod works better than the cold air. since you have 33" tires you should regear to get your torque and mph back. 4.56 should bring you back to stock and 4.88 for performance. Have fun spending $$$$$$$$$. I have.... 95 s/c 2.7, exhaust, free flow cat, header, deck mod, synthetic oil, regeared, gauges, piggy comp, laptop, diagnostic program, fuel mods. Haven't installed fuel mods yet.

Add your comment to this topic!