Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lamp dimmer module location plz reply!

autobody4u
02-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I am working on my cousins '03 malibu sedan. The instrument panel lights stopped working on him. The instrument panel fuse on the right side of the dash has no juice when switch is on and I know the switch is feeding because the park/head lamps work. I've checked the dimmer switch and it is fully functional. I just need to know exactly where this lamp dimmer module is located so I don't have to tear the whole thing apart to fix. Any help regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

e2helper
02-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Dimmer module is located on left side of instrument panel. Service procedure says you just have to remove the close-out panel and you should be able to look up and see it.

Looks like it is more towards center of vehicle attached to some bracket for HVAC system

autobody4u
02-22-2005, 09:43 PM
thanks a lot for the info. I was just working on it in the driveway this evening and it got dark on me so I'll check out what you told me tomorrow. What do refer to as the closeout panel by the way? Thanks for the help!
Eric

autobody4u
02-22-2005, 10:22 PM
ok i decided to put the ol' flashlight to good use since I already had the left IP disassembled. I looked right at that thing earlier this evening and didn't realize that was what I was looking for. Its in a tight spot, but I'll take it out and test it tomorrow. Thanks again for your help. Your info probably saved me a lot of unnecessary disassembly!
Eric

Add your comment to this topic!