Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electic Windows

scottr1101
02-22-2005, 05:45 AM
My 94 passat has got an annoying habbit of the front electic windows failing. Firstly the drivers window stopped working then started again now it works when it wants to. The passenger window no longer works, this started with the drivers control switch not working, however the passengers did - then the passengers stopped working. When the switch is pressed no noise can be heard from the door. Somebody please help - Thanks in advance

boschmann
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
You might want to begin by thoroughly checking the condition of the wires where they pass from the body to the door at the hinges. Pull back the rubber boots & look for broken or frayed wires.

volksy1900
05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
hi

I'm experiencing similiar eletrical rear window problems with a 94 Passat. I thought after a year of them failing i should have a look at them and see if could fathom out what was wrong.

The left rear window regulator was working fine when i removed and inspected it. I initially thought something was wrong when this window would not operate from either the main dual console switch or the rear door switch. However as the right hand rear window was buggered too i was able to plug the left regulator into the right hand connector and the wire mechanism worked fine.

This left me toying with the idea of how do i get the cable mechanism out of the left hand regulator and into the right and it didn't take me long to knock this idea on the head. I thought better try and get a replacement part for this right side. As it happened the right hand side wire mechanism had snapped and with continued use had chewed up the plastic cogs that the wire is wrapped around.

At this stage the troublesome problem of the switches on the rear left started giving me a headache and this is the crux of my problem. When i connect up the left hand regulator and try the door switch nothing happens at all, no noises, nothing. However when i try the dual main console left switch i can hear a clicking noise coming from inside one the window components. This noise to me suggests that some sort of eletrical activity is getting through but what it is i'm at a loss to say. Can anyone explain what this problem could be and how i could rectify it so that i can have all four of my windows operating once again.

Cheers

Add your comment to this topic!