Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 sport (?Supercharger?)

rated-R
02-21-2005, 11:58 PM
hey guys, i need some help, i have a 2002 ram sport, with the 4.7L. I really want alot of extra power and i thought a supercharger would be the way to go. Is there anyone out there that has any negative things about putting a supercharger on it, or it is a good idea? also i need help finding one that is affordable! if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! thanks alot

fredjacksonsan
02-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Sounds like fun... I did a google search under "dodge supercharger 4.7" and there were many places to check it out.

1thunder
02-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Why not check out a HEMI may be what you are looking for aftermarket superchargers may need alot of tinkering to keep running strong and then Dealer cannot help you out if you develop any troubles in transmission or engine electronics you realize both of these controlers work together for proper shifting or emission related issues

beauplays
09-21-2005, 04:19 AM
I had a o3 4.7 with the kenne bell supercharger on it. I bought it from them as a retired show truck. I was never happy with it. didnt gain the power i expected. had to run very high octain gas or it pinged bad. this would cause the check engine light to come on. the dodge dealer wouldnt do warrenty work. Be carefull putting this kind of after market on your truck. its easy to turn your dream into a nightmare. My truck burned to the ground with 24,000 miles on it and insurance doesnt over the add ons. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!