Maxima Altima

joeB
03-20-2002, 05:26 PM
Very cool cars here, both are cool. They just need to be faster so they

can be the fastest 4 door sports sedans made.:)

JBL85
03-22-2002, 12:33 AM
They are the fastest N/A v6 sedans I think.

speediva
03-24-2002, 01:51 AM
Wouldn't an SE-R Sentra be the fastest??? Or better yet, an Infiniti G20??

(sorry, just a bit prideful! :D)--but really, I think it's the smallest, therefore lightest, and it has a VERY nice little stock engine in the sr20de....

It would be interesting to run a 4 car comparision between all 4 cars. The G20 basically looks like it has the front end of a Max and the back end of an Altima. The Sentra's a whole other critter. It'd be a very cool comparison!

JBL85
03-24-2002, 03:13 AM
Uhhh...... or not, the sentra or g20 are very slow cars, they feel quick cuz they are light. Altima v6 or Maxima will whoop them

joeB
03-24-2002, 04:23 AM
saturntangerine, you really need to do some research before u start talking about cars, the audi s4 is faster than the maxima or altilma..thats why it is not the fastest four door sedan made.:mad:

JBL85
03-24-2002, 04:29 AM
I said naturally aspirated

joeB
03-24-2002, 04:52 AM
I know, but it isnt gonna do any good if we get beat with turbos.

Anyhow its not that much of a difference anyway once they get to

1/4 mile they are about the same. The Maxima and Altima are the

best for the money anyway, I m getting a little tired.

:cool: :o

JBL85
03-24-2002, 02:06 PM
yeah what time is it over there you were online talking, its 12pm now on sunday....I just woke up :D but last night it was like 3 am when I was on

JBL85
03-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Yo joe, go to http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=206

and look for my altima, I posted pictures up =)

joeB
03-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by JBL85
yeah what time is it over there you were online talking, its 12pm now on sunday....I just woke up :D but last night it was like 3 am when I was on

Its Sunday right now at 10:03 PM.

I went to bed at 6 am last night or this morning, couldnt sleep none ..:sleep:

speediva
03-25-2002, 12:56 AM
I must have driven a particularly sluggish Maxima then, because I had to work at some acceleration...

Honestly, I haven't ever been in an Altima, but they never seemed very lofty, either. Color me stupid for assuming.

joeB
03-25-2002, 03:43 AM
Its an ok thing to like your car better, its a nice car,.

They just would have trouble keeping up with a Maxima

especially a new G20, but they do look awesome.

You can paint me with a brush however you want.:D

speediva
03-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by joeB
especially a new G20, but they do look awesome.

You can paint me with a brush however you want.:D

The new G20 referring to the Egg-shaped V6 G35 that Infiniti made a mistake in making??? *lol* Eh, they don't look horrible, but I've seen far more attractive vehicles. The 2002 Max and Altima are very nicely designed. I drive a 5spd G20 so it moves quite a bit more quickly than an awful automatic...

As for that paint... :flash:

matrxgotme
03-25-2002, 03:54 PM
What is up?????
Just had to chime in an say The Altima is Faster than the cars mentioned in this forum.
Saturn HA HA HA
Audi Have yet to race one But I am not scared
I am bragging Yes but When the product is good its easy to brag
Give the Altima love and for turbo freaks watch out for the supercharged 3.5. Yes More power more efficiency.
Remember cold air is better than hot! Turbo no
WRX NO Altima YES
Supercharged by end of the YEAR

JBL Should have got the 3.5
Where are the new wheels?

MY ALTIMA 3.5 SE
Stillen intake
ractive exhaust
Konig imagine B wheels 18
Eibach pro Kit 1.3 front .8 back
Stillen Body Kit
Yokohama Paradda 215-35-r 18

Hopefully sooner than Later
Pictures for all
Headers
Supercharger

joeB
03-25-2002, 08:00 PM
I think JBL is 18 or so, thats why he had to get the 4 cyl Altima.

I dont think his parents would buy him the 3.5 cause of age, which is

a good thing, by parents wouldnt let me drive our sports cars till I got

older. It isnt like we can drive fast on public roads and race all the time

anyway,.:D

JBL85
03-25-2002, 08:07 PM
I was kicking myself in the balls as I talked to the guys at stillen.....all they have is INTAKE for my car which SUCKKKZ....anyhow I am getting rims and will just follow up with engine mods. Reason I dont have rims is because I am afraid of my dad cutting off my ball sack for buying them......

I was racing a GSR today and I dont know what I did....
I went from second to first (I think) and could hear the wheels screech and hop when I let go fo the clutch. I took my foot of the gas and slammed in the clutch....I dont think my car chirps into third like at all....

Now when driving and like if I have it in 2-5th gear it just kind of makes a squeal when driving.....like i am doing 40 and I just push the gas and let go, it makes a little whistle noise..... WHAT DID I DO TO MY CAR

I am probably gonna take it into nissan and be like what happened.....i dont race :D (leave the racing part out though)

speediva
03-25-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by matrxgotme
Saturn HA HA HA

Nothing but love, but I sport an Infiniti G20... NOT a Saturn. So if you're dissing my misunderstanding of the Altima, gravy. I just wanted to make sure you realized that I never actually said anything about Saturn Corp...

Add your comment to this topic!