Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Who can answer this for me??? (SUBS)

DigitalSpuder
02-21-2005, 12:29 PM
OK...here is my question...

Why does my single JL 12w6v2 sound a lot better in my bandpass box by itself at 2 ohms being run by a JL 500/1 amp, compared to the two subs hooked up in series/parallel at 4 ohms witht the same amp.
I can get the subs to1 ohm, but that was making them bottom out.
WHAT DO I DO???
It seems akward to have just one sub pounding when I have two available. I don't want to get a new amp that can support 1 ohm stability because I love the silver savage (JL 500/1).
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

bumpinstang77
02-21-2005, 12:59 PM
cuz its a bandpass box...... build a new box!

DigitalSpuder
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
i hear you, i just hate the idea of having to buy a box. You said you were able to build one right? How much would that run me

t25342003
02-21-2005, 01:09 PM
cuz its a bandpass box...... build a new box!

Well if you want to build your own box it all depends on how much wood you will need. and it also depends on how much money you want to spend on the plywood or particle board which ever you want.
But i ust built a box and spent about 60 on a sheet of particle board. but it runs from 30 to 100 dollars a sheet.

t25342003
02-21-2005, 01:12 PM
ok i have a question.
I have 2 audiobahn 12's 1100 watt rms and i have a 400 watt walmart brand amp hooked up until i can find another one. well i found another one and the walmart brand hits harder than the kicker amp I got.
Help....

bumpinstang77
02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
60 a sheet for particle board hmmmmm u got RIPPED... 25 bux sheet for 3/4 MDF. About ur flame q's.... how are they wired what is the wal-mart amp and what is the kicker amp?

DigitalSpuder
02-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks all...

ngsm13
02-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Well if you want to build your own box it all depends on how much wood you will need. and it also depends on how much money you want to spend on the plywood or particle board which ever you want.
But i ust built a box and spent about 60 on a sheet of particle board. but it runs from 30 to 100 dollars a sheet.

yeah...moron...

DO NOT use particle board OR plywood for subwoofer enclosures!

Use AT LEAST 3/4" MDF. Also, that will NEVER be over $25 a sheet WITH tax...unless...it's an ass raping store...

NG

bumpinstang77
02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
or in california..... shits more expensive out there.

CBFryman
02-22-2005, 03:39 PM
well if Marine grade plywood isnt avalable or is out of your price range and MDF isnt avalable then Particle board is the next on the list. then regular ply wood. but 60 for particle board? ive payed 40 for HDF... HDF=1000% better than particel board.

bumpinstang77
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I would NEVER use plywood for a box.

CBFryman
02-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Marine Grade doesnt warp. period. and it wont swell like MDF. and it is slightly more dence than MDF which gives it a lower FS. so it is technically better. but because MDF is good enough little difference is found.

ponchonutty
02-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Marine Grade doesnt warp. period. and it wont swell like MDF. and it is slightly more dence than MDF which gives it a lower FS. so it is technically better. but because MDF is good enough little difference is found.
If you get real HDF, it won't swell or warp at all. I left an old box outside the shop and it rained hard. Actually filled up the box alot until I figured out where it was. Dumped out the water and everythings fine. Marine grade plywood is OK but it is subject to absorbing freqencies in extreme conditions which is not good. For those lower powered subs you guys talk about though it would probably work.

ngsm13
02-23-2005, 09:47 AM
For those lower powered subs you guys talk about though it would probably work.

prolly work for those piece of shit directed's you whore around as well...

NG

Mannyb18b
02-23-2005, 11:17 AM
:lol:

bumpinstang77
02-23-2005, 12:49 PM
ponchonutty your an idiot those "lower power subs" we talk about will MURDER any of your directeds in SQ AND SPL dipshit.

CBFryman
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
If you get real HDF, it won't swell or warp at all.

You whole story about an HDF box holding togather after a rain storm and fulling up.....it better be almost immeadiatly after the raid storm that it happened....even HDF will swell. i had an entire sheet of MDF go under that was in the shop during the flood. it stayed under for 2 1/2 days and it was about like what MDF is after just getting a good soaking. still perfectly intact but stolen and sorta mushy untill dried.

For those lower powered subs you guys talk about though it would probably work.
:lol2:
You are calling the DD subs we talk about, XXX, SE, SX, Brahma, IDMax, Etc... Unerpowered? And Directed is the all mighty Multi Kw handleing super sub? :cwm27:
So what about there being some directed here around North Florida for me to hear... its top of the line better be better than JL's lower stuff and better have better SQ than DD or i will never shut up about it every time you even think about thinking about reccomending it..... :icon16:

ghostrx7
02-26-2005, 09:34 AM
id say buy a box off ebay, cost about the same as it is to make one, but it will be pretty perfect with no hassle.

ponchonutty
02-26-2005, 08:03 PM
You little boys are funny to listen to. When I mean HDF, I mean the real HDF that can only be bought wholesale. You will never find it in Lowes or HQ. My supplier is a commercial wood shop and I have their multi million dollar CNC routers cut what I need. All I have to do is put it together. That way, I can have them use their AUTOCAD programs to precisely make what I need.

Don't worry boys, some day you'll see the light.

Add your comment to this topic!