Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ticking noise

lawsdw
02-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I just purchased a 2005 Yukon 2500 and with 150 miles on it, I started hearing a ticking noise at speeds above 60 mph. Any suggestions. It almost sounds like a rattle from the engine. Now there is a whine noise at 55-60 mph. Once the SUV gets to 60mph the noise goes away. Any suggestions

Eggert
02-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi,
not to sound snooty, but at 150 miles I would let the dealer worry about it.
You did pay enough money for it and should not have to be bothered.
Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

lawsdw
02-25-2005, 07:13 PM
t...Could be ur valves

What are UR valves?

zagrot
02-25-2005, 07:47 PM
i'm on with eggert, take it to the dealer. there is a thing called the warranty. and it appears that stryder should not be calling names if he can not even proof read his post. i'm sure that what he meant to type is:
"...Could be your valves"

Eggert
02-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Hi Stryder,
My first name Eggert is north German and has been passed down in my family since the 13th century.
The notation 'gay' could either be of joyful or a sexual preference, neither of which have much to do with the 'automotive' theme of this forum.
Please be so kind to enlighten me in a private message about why I am an idiot.
This is my first negative reaction in 170 posts.
I am just trying to be helpful.
Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

cornbuzzard
03-03-2005, 11:18 PM
i took it back to the dealer and there was a service bulletin out about this. they took care of it pretty easily. now if they could just fix the bearing/whining noise coming from the stabilitrak system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawsdw
03-04-2005, 10:55 AM
i took it back to the dealer and there was a service bulletin out about this. they took care of it pretty easily. now if they could just fix the bearing/whining noise coming from the stabilitrak system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the service bulletin say the problem is?

Add your comment to this topic!