Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dmc...2?

attica85
02-20-2005, 06:01 PM
ok, wait... from what i've read on this forum is that 'someone' is building a new DeLorean and that its going to be 1500lbs with a 250-270hpmid-engine six cylinder power plant.
>
>
uhhh....IF they pull this off (which makes me curiously drool) they would have beaten the sh!t out of the lotus elise, which is highly unlikely; they would have murdered a stock 2nd gen mr2, which has never been done before for under 30grand; and would make every one forget about crappy fieros (which aren't mid engine but some think so :disappoin ) if they havn't allready.
>
I noticed that no one mentioned turbo, and if that is a mod possibility they would be a very high performance vehicle with over 1000 hp capability (depending on engine manufacturer) and/or still have amazing handling..... :sly:
not sold yet....still highly skeptical with all of this wrist watch confusion and are there no pictures, prototypes, drawings to back all this talk?

Marc-OS
02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
the expensive version of the dmc2 is supposed to have a 13L V12, which would kick pretty much everythings ass. but it really doesn't look like a new delorean is going to be made.

attica85
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
the expensive version would suck as compared to the more.."realistic" version...
>
13L V12!?!....common that would screw up any road racing capabilities even everyday driving wouldn't be fun, all that power for what...stop..go..stop..go. i know its a status symbol but the six cyl would do it.
>
I know there is no proof of producing the 2nd gen because who would with whos money but it would be an awesome thing to see done.

drrastovac
04-26-2017, 06:19 AM
When I see DeLorean or heard that name, I always remember of the movie back to the future.

Add your comment to this topic!