Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

buckstop Bumpers

Moose is loose
02-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I am purchasing a set (front and rear) of Buckstop bumpers very soon. I have a 2003 ext cab Light duty 4x4 with a 7" lift. Does anyone here see anything bad about using these bumpers with my truck? my biggest concern is the added weight. The front weighs 240 lbs. and the rear weighs 175 lbs. Anyone using these? THANKS!
www.buckstop.biz

J-Ri
02-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Those look pretty nice... I may have to get me a set. I wouldn't worry about the weight, it's not all added weight, 1/3 of it is replacement weight. Plus, weight on a truck isn't a big deal... unless you wanna go fast. But with a 7" lift, your truck probably isn't a racer.

TXAGG05
02-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Replacement bumpers are very popular down here. They look really good but the IFS front ends on our trucks just weren't meant for that much weight. Although it is some replacement weight, there is also a great deal of added weight. I don't see it being a problem since your truck is lifted though. I've seen horror stories of people's front ends eating parts and tires and never returning to normal after putting on a replacement. Even my neighbor's 1 ton Chevy has had a ton of parts replaced repeatedly after only 40k with the bumpers.
Jeb
--Oh, be sure that the bumpers are going to mount up correctly if you have any body lift.

Silverado Brethern
02-20-2005, 09:34 PM
lemme guess...you saw those bumpers on Trucks the other day...on a dodge that is. but any way they look pretty cool for a lifted offroad use truck.

Moose is loose
02-21-2005, 01:14 AM
lemme guess...you saw those bumpers on Trucks the other day...on a dodge that is. but any way they look pretty cool for a lifted offroad use truck.
Nope, didn't see them on there. I have been a HUGE fan of their bumpers for some time now. They are made just down the road in Wilsonville Oregon. They are coming out with a whole new line of accessories very soon too. Their quality is oustanding.

chuck16
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
What's the shape of your old bumper and is it chrome???

Moose is loose
02-21-2005, 05:51 PM
What's the shape of your old bumper and is it chrome???
It's in good shape, slight scratches on the lower valance. It's a chrome center, black plastic top, and grey lower valance, with NO fog lights. Same one that came stock (2003).

Add your comment to this topic!