Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 Silverado

Rambomjm
02-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm getting ready to trade in my P.O.S. 01 Impala LS for an 05 Silverado.
By reading through this forum, it seems like I'm making the right decision. The Impala was a joke, but I'm a Chevy man and would like to continue with them. Are you guys pleased with the Silverado?

TexasF355F1
02-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I know I've had my fair share of problems, but really they weren't anything that you couldn't drive with for a little while until you had the time to fix it. I've had my '99 Silverado that I've had since June of 99, so this year will be 6 years and about 71,000 miles. My friend just bought an '05 Z71 Crew Cab around Christmas. I Just saw him this weekend and I asked him how he was liking it, he said he loved it and hadn't had any problems.

rabt
02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
between the family we have 5 of them and i have 13 of them at work all of these 18 trucks are 1999 and up .... love everyone of them ...

White Lightening
02-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm getting ready to trade in my P.O.S. 01 Impala LS for an 05 Silverado.
By reading through this forum, it seems like I'm making the right decision. The Impala was a joke, but I'm a Chevy man and would like to continue with them. Are you guys pleased with the Silverado?

Greetings Rambomjm,

Just a suggestion for you. If you are open to 4wd or 2wd - before buying a Silverado - at least compare or test drive a Limited Appearance Package equipped product (2wd). Its the Z60 suspension that gives a different ride comfort and handling feel. Warning - if you want to investigate the idea - be aware that you'll have to look for them. Every dealer won't have one and every salesman won't know about them - but they are out there.

My gallery shows some description for the 2004 model. 2005 has a slightly different description. If you run the Chevy configurator on the website - you MUST choose 2wd extended cab LT to have the choice of that package - then you'll get a description of what it adds.

Again - just a suggestion if you are considering 2wd. I like mine - but it doesn't mean it is for everyone.

White Lightening

Add your comment to this topic!