Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S10's live forever

ALMB~Nova
02-20-2005, 08:46 AM
I was working at my jobs maintenance shop, helping out with winter maintenance, and I got to work on their one and only S10. When I went to check the milage, I was a little suprised to see 350,000, not because it was an S10, ( have owned a couple 300,000 milers myself) but because of the way this truck gets beaten dailey. You just can't kill these things! The best part is that this truck has the 2.8 V6, the engine that is suppsed to be junk. I love when these trucks continue to prove to everyone that S10 rule

BlazerLT
02-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Yea, too bad they killed them though.

J-Ri
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Maintain 'em good, and they'll take a beating forever.

BlazerLT
02-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Maintain 'em good, and they'll take a beating forever.

Amen

jackass#1
02-20-2005, 08:42 PM
i cant believe they scraped the s10, its a great truck and i bet made some money off them. i can only hope the colorado is as good as a truck.
im going to get one here soon i hope.

movin2stereo
02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Wish I could agree with you guys on this.

jackass#1
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
whats up with yours?

xtrememeasures10
02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
The S 10s have more style than the colorado. im very supprised at gm with the looks of the colorado. my personal opinion is its ugly. if i got a new truck it would probably be a fullsize chevy. my s 10 is at 103k and still running strong hope it lasts forever.

jackass#1
02-21-2005, 04:46 AM
i work at a dealership, i already see many differant styles of the colorado. yeah, thier not very handsome, but as far as fuel economy and power, i believe it will match the s10. id like to get a silverado, but why buy something i dont need?

movin2stereo
02-21-2005, 05:27 AM
whats up with yours?
This was taken from a previous post I wrote.I hope(or wish)my S10 gets the miles that you guys are talking of.I bought mine with 100,000 mile on her.So far it has gotten a water pump,intake gaskets(which ran for 3 days and then it blew up),crate engine,all balljoints,front wheel bearings,front brake pads,steering stabilizer,exhaust,rear brake calibers and hoses and pads,driver door pins and bushings,3rd door handle,cam sensor,tailgate cables,and the newest addition the tranny got rebuilt.I also had a water leak that took me awhile to find.Now I have another issue to find.I'm getting a runnin rich code and this truck is hard on gas.So either these trucks are junk or I got a lemon.Anyway like I tell everybody,I'm gonna have a brand new 1998 S10 ZR2.HAHAHAHAHAHA!So as you see I'm not swearing by these trucks as of yet.

ALMB~Nova
02-21-2005, 06:07 AM
when you have a lemon... make lemonade. I have had several of these trucks, with both good and bad experiences. I have also owned other makes with similar experiences, but I grew up loving chevys and I will stay that way forever. Don't let a bad experience bring you down. As for your truck-"These things won't kill it, they will only make it stronger" Hope your luck gets better!

movin2stereo
02-21-2005, 04:40 PM
when you have a lemon... make lemonade. I have had several of these trucks, with both good and bad experiences. I have also owned other makes with similar experiences, but I grew up loving chevys and I will stay that way forever. Don't let a bad experience bring you down. As for your truck-"These things won't kill it, they will only make it stronger" Hope your luck gets better!
Thanks,hopefully I will have a dependable truck someday.Piece by piece. :rofl:

justinofdurham
02-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I get lemon doors. I dont have that many bad expiriences with my cars except for doors. My family has never had luck with Gms and so far im fairing well with my s-10 knock on wood. Once i get the doors to close all the way ill be all set. I dont think chevy should have discontinued the s-10. Inexpensive and reliable are the only words i can say for them. Until further notice theres no telling what the colorado could do. It could turn out that it becomes the new s-10 with lift and lowering kits and parts to make it look and run better than other trucks.

cousincletus
02-22-2005, 03:29 PM
My first S-10 was a 1988 I bought new with the 2.5 4 cylinder and 5 speed. Truck was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Wish I never sold it. Never did any unusual or major repair.

dugie6551
02-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I love these things; especially the 1984-1991.

I have had 6-7 S10's and I'm just finishing re-building my last one. These are so easy to fix and parts are dirt cheap, even for brand new stuff. And they look great with some customizing. :thumbsup:

Add your comment to this topic!