Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pro Stock Dragster

mi69camaro
02-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey Guy'z i'm gonna get a job soon to start saving up for a ( hopefully) first gen. camaro i want to make it a pro stock car that is still street legal and i was wondering if u have any price range of how much u think it would cost if u could let me know thatd be great thanX!

victimizati0n
02-19-2005, 09:30 PM
your not going to turn a camaro into a pro-stock car.

The cars arent even stock, they are just a frame with a plastic body on it.

Also, there is no way your gonna make one street legal, since there is really no legal things on the car ecept seatbelts.

mi69camaro
02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
i meant super stock..oopz :(

mi69camaro
02-19-2005, 11:12 PM
ummm wel know that i think of it how much would it cozt to build one of those i'm guessing a grip of money plz let me know thatd be great thanX

umm do u mean like one of these??

http://store.trackerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TMR_2079G&Category_Code=Bodies&Store_Code=TMRCI

victimizati0n
02-20-2005, 08:07 AM
ummm wel know that i think of it how much would it cozt to build one of those i'm guessing a grip of money plz let me know thatd be great thanX

umm do u mean like one of these??

http://store.trackerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TMR_2079G&Category_Code=Bodies&Store_Code=TMRCI

I would NOT get the fiberglass body if you want it to be street legal.

The cost depends on what shape the camaro is in, and also what you want to do with it.

Im not sure how the laws are with fiberglass pieces (like fenders, hood, ect) but they will save you ALOT of weight.

It is kinda wierd, you could probably go all fiberglass (doors, hood, fenders) and the cops wouldnt mind. But having that full body is a no-no.

Im guessing around $10,000 to start out.

There is a saying:

Drag racing cost's money, how fast do you want to go.

mi69camaro
02-20-2005, 05:08 PM
BUt like on the road could u drive it even with a blower like u would have to have a real front end and stuff like that tho wouldn't u and 4 ten grand how much of a car would that be 4 ten grand<> and what do u think on like what size motor would be practical just want to get an idea so i know :-)
thanX 4 the help :)

ASTAutoSales
02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
mi69camaro
(AF Regular)

Birthday: August 22nd, 1989

Interests Drag Racing, R/C Carz,Drifting,Stunt Car Driving

Vehicle Info
1972 Datsun 240 Z
1993 Nissan Sentra

hmmmmmmmmm..... is your mom and dad going to let you drive a super stock camaro to school?

mi69camaro
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
ur a retard ok i'm just asking < > cuz next year me and my dad r gonna take a 1969 Dodge Dart and race it<> so i'm just asking<> what is there something wrong with asking question'z?? ummm this is the land of the free home of the brave<><

Add your comment to this topic!