Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which is better-looking--350Z or Supra?

pw_350Z_baby
03-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Just making a new conversation. I've been pondering this for a while now.
I have a friend who has a white '97 Supra TT with mods and a nice body kit on it. It looks really really nice and muscular. I was wondering which one you guys think would be better looking, the Supra or 350Z? I know the Z hasn't come out yet and most haven't seen it in person (me for example), but most of you have a good idea of what it looks like already.
The Supra is nice and muscular looking, while the Z is round and pretty. I love the Supra's front end; it's so nice, fat, and muscular. The back is nice too. From side view, those two have a slight resemblance, don't ya think. Anyway, just making new conversation.
:D :bandit: :alien: :bloated:

Holyterror
03-19-2002, 11:39 PM
The Supra is a good-looking car. I haven't heard many people who disagree. The styling doesn't really remind me much of the 350Z, but more of the older Z32. The Supra, in a way, owes its design to the Z, because Toyota re-engineered it after freaking out at the proposed specs for the 300ZX TT.

The 4th generation Supra is a highly capable machine. I often compare it to the RX-7. The RX-7 matches the Miata's handling ability, but backs it up with real muscle. In the same way, the Supra is like a bloated MR2 on a serious power trip. I like them a lot for something not made by Nissan. :smoker2:

I have yet to be thrilled by the 350Z's appearance. It's okay, but I'll take the Supra's lines any day. The only thing I don't like on the Supra is the back end. It reminds me of a dualie the way it widens in the rear quarters. Maybe it's just me.

NISSANSPDR
03-24-2002, 02:02 AM
Well the Supra TT came out after the 300ZX TT came out...the first Supra TT rolled off here in the states in 93 while the first Z's came out in 90's...so they waited just like Mazda did...

But who was in Car and Driver's Ten Best every year it was available???

The 300ZX TT & NA
(1990-1996 Car and Driver's Ten Best)

Holyterror
03-24-2002, 02:25 AM
There's a reason people call it "the world's most refined sports car."

Add your comment to this topic!