Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to really take care of my car?

mrblueeze
02-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I have a 1996 Camry and i want to take better care of it so it will probably last longer and through some heavy driving every now and then. Currently My car shakes in the morning a lot, and once i start it it just dies unless i give it a little gas and it will start fine.Can anyone give me some tips how to treat my car better? Maybe if i purchase the most expensive gas 91 always?

Strider327
02-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Do a full throttle body clean. Take off the intake, and clean the plate and around it. Hold the throttle open and clean the back of the plate and the inside using an old toothbrush. Spray into the small hole inside the throttle on your right. Make sure you spray it for like 30 seconds straight with Valvoline Throttle Body cleaner with synthetic cleaners. You can also clean the air filter as well while your at it and the stock piping of the intake as well. For the valves and internals, best way is to use SEAFOAM which can be bought at NAPA only. Pour EXACTLY 5 oz into the oil crankcase and have 5oz ready to get sucked in through the Brake Booster vaccum line located on the driver side where you should see this big round black thing next to the brake fluid.

Procedure:

Have the 5oz of seafoam ready somewhere and have someone start the car while you let the hose suck in the seafoam. The car should automatically die by itself (shutoff), this is normal. After the seafoam is stucked up, wait 10 mins and turn the car back on...it should have a struggle in the beginning, give it some gas and a cloud of white smoke should come out. Now go out and drive hard, Wide Open Throttle meaning hit the gas until all the smoke clears. Once its done, then do the treatment again if neccessary. Your car should feel more responsive and consume less gas.

Good Luck

Brian R.
02-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Follow the recommended maintenance intervals for everything. Change the engine oil more often if you feel you need to.

Blitzgray
02-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Is your car a V6? or a 4? I would recomend at least 89 octaine gas. I like the seafoam idea.

mrblueeze
03-02-2005, 08:58 PM
i have a 1996 camry le 4 cylinder

Add your comment to this topic!