Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Adding Faster Items To My New Car

s7v7n
03-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Well, I will be getting a car here in about 3 weeks...[which I have posted up at the main board for it :smoker: ] and I need to know some things you would automatically do to add some power behind a car? I mean not jsut for ONE car but all cars. Such as: add some torque, power and all.

Would you replace the muffler, or what? I am kinda new (well really new, be 16 in 3 weeks) and need some major help!

CRXkid
03-19-2002, 06:35 PM
well, it all depends on how much you wanna spend. you could swap the engine out, get a turbo, supercharge it. or for less money, you could get things like intake, cat-back exhaust, gears, pulleys or headers. all depends on how much you wanna spend.

s7v7n
03-19-2002, 10:31 PM
Well put me down for around 600 what can I get from that and add onto a Mustang GT, Integra, or Eclipse?

CRXkid
03-20-2002, 05:22 PM
well, you could do intake and exhaust. or headers. you could get more aggressive cams. or you could be a little crazy and get some nitrous, but i dont suggest it.

s7v7n
03-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Why would you not suggest NOS?

Also, how does cams and headers help yoru car be faster?

-FROG-
04-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Get a K&N conical air filter(Not just a replacement filter, but a "Cone"), exhaust and pulleys. That should put you at about 600. If you have left over $ get plugs and wires and such. Don't get NOS because you don't know anything about it and what it will do to your motor or yourself or other drivers.

Add your comment to this topic!