Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Grand Am Keyless Entry

rustyrun
02-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I am sure there is a post here but i cannot find it. I bought son a 96 Grand Am GT with 32k miles tonight and is mint. The keyless entry fob only unlocks the doors irregardless if you push lock or unlock. Trunk works fine. IS THERE A PROGRAMMING CODE AVAILABLE SO i CAN FIX THIS MYSELF? Thanks to all.

FormulaLT1
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
There should be instructions in your owners manual on how to reprogram your key fob. I had them in mine. Good luck.

John

rustyrun
02-19-2005, 08:09 AM
There should be instructions in your owners manual on how to reprogram your key fob. I had them in mine. Good luck.

John

there is nothing in the owners manula except a description. No programming info. The drivers door does not lock (it unlocks though) and the passenger side works both ways. Perhaps it is a bad sensor in the drivers door.

FormulaLT1
02-19-2005, 09:39 AM
If the passenger side is working for both its not that its not programmed correctly, The driver side works if you hit the lock and unlock button on the door panel?

rustyrun
02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
If the passenger side is working for both its not that its not programmed correctly, The driver side works if you hit the lock and unlock button on the door panel?

The drivers side does not lock and unlock with the button on the door. You have to manually push it or use the key to lock and unlock.

FormulaLT1
02-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Sounds line the solenoid/actuator to me, nothing to do with keyless entry.

John

Add your comment to this topic!