Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I know this might seem funny to you guys, but please help me....

Suffakate
02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok guys.... heres the story. my car is a 91 accord, i bought it from my neighbor, he crashed the car and didnt have insurance..... i bought it for $400. I fixed everthing with the help of my dad..... well now he just bought another accord, a 98 lx..... stick shift....mine is an auto.... we are in FRIENDLY comp in everything! girls, games, etc..... he wants to race me....only on the track of course!! no street racing for me! any way he has headers and cat back system and ram intake...... i only have ram intake so far, but i have the money to fix my car up..... is there a way for me to beat him? i know i kinda did a thread about how to get more power..... but this is about winning......... please help me..... please. i have been a long time reader of these fourms and all you seem really smart, so i decided to join..... thank all of you for your help so far. ps... his is a 4 door mine is a 2 door his is not the v6 thanks again guys

Igovert500
02-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Well he already has 20-30hp more than you stock (depending what trim you have, dx/lx/or ex). And he has ~10hp more from the I/H/E. And finally, he has a stick, so he can run it into the higher rpms and control when it will shift.

If he doesn't know how to launch, or shift well, then it might come down to a drivers race. But overall he should have the advantage. If you really want to even out the score, you could get a header, hiflow cat, and catback exhaust...an underdrive pulley (although you should check out the debate regarding these, as there is a bit of a controversy)...and a shift kit, so you can control the shifts. Those are some basic bolt-ons, that if you shop around, you should be able to get rather cheap.

If you really want to walk him, it will cost you a few grand, and you could get an H22 swap done, or a turbo kit.

But with the basic boltons I described up top, it could even it out a bit, and come down to the driver.

Has he ever run at the track before? What time is he running? Because with just an intake, you are probably running mid 17s.

Suffakate
02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
so where can i get a shift kit?

scubawrstlr
02-17-2005, 08:45 AM
yes, where do we get a shift kit. And let me get this right, you can control the shift on an automatic???

Add your comment to this topic!