Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ford Focus Interior Shots?

Sticky Fingers
02-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Time for me to be a pest again! Ach ye love it really, gives you all a chance to show off :icon16:

Anyway, am almost finished my Airfix :banghead: Peugeot 206 (just about ready to rub out the clear coat! my first time!). Next up will be my first 'proper' kit, the Ford Focus RS WRC01 by Tamiya.

I'm basically looking for reference shots of the interior. I bought myself eduard sabalt 6-point seatbelts and the scale auto photo-etch set aswell as some c/f decals (if done right it's gonna look the dogs bawz!!) I need these reference shots so I can get my interior looking reasonable similar.

Before anyone suggests it, yes - I did check the references link in AF but to no avail & yes - I did try google, and yes - I did perform a search on this forum, again to no avail. I just thought people might have these reference shots on their computer and could easily drop them in this thread.

Any help appreciated :)

freakray
02-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Well, since the Focus interior has changed so much in the past 6 years, you may wish to tell us which particular variant you'd like photos of.

Sticky Fingers
02-16-2005, 06:33 AM
:rolleyes: Sorry Ray, but as I said in the thread: Tamiya Ford Focus RS WRC 2001. It's the Monte Carlo version, with Colin McRae (fellow Scotsman!!)

Thanks

RallyRaider
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
There are some pics in the reference section of my website that show a late 2001 works Focus.

Bit of a funny story attached to how we came across them, hey Ray. :D

allparish12
02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
you might wanna try cardomain .com to see if someone has the real version of the car, that may give you some idea unless you're trying to go stock.

RallyRaider
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
We're talking about the rally car, do they have them on cardomain?

freakray
02-16-2005, 05:02 PM
:rolleyes: Sorry Ray, but as I said in the thread: Tamiya Ford Focus RS WRC 2001. It's the Monte Carlo version, with Colin McRae (fellow Scotsman!!)

Thanks

Sorry about that, I wasn't very wide awake at 6:29 this morning :icon16:

I know of one site with some very good interior shots for the Focus, here you go:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.evain/ford_focus_2001.htm

Wouldn't know Phil.... :grinno:
Glad you retained those photos though, I left them on the OHD pc when I quit that job :p

RallyRaider
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Those launch pics are awesome, a shame all teams don't do that every year. There was also a site that had an incredible walkaround of a private Focus WRC, 80 plus images of every nook and cranny. Can't remember the URL. Was it Javier from RCMG, maybe they were hosted on Zeljko's site? :dunno: I probably have them saved somewhere, I'll take a look.

freakray
02-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Those launch pics are awesome, a shame all teams don't do that every year. There was also a site that had an incredible walkaround of a private Focus WRC, 80 plus images of every nook and cranny. Can't remember the URL. Was it Javier from RCMG, maybe they were hosted on Zeljko's site? :dunno: I probably have them saved somewhere, I'll take a look.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289176387&code=6416882&mode=invite

Sticky Fingers
02-17-2005, 03:28 AM
Ray & Phil what can I say?! Thanks again for the help - just hope I can return the favour somehow someday. Those last 2 websites were just what I'm after. Shows you that Google is, in fact, sh*te as a search engine. I spent ages and couldn't find anything good and that was with a plethora of different was to key in focus......interior......wrc......2001.....blah blah blah.

Anyway, cheers guys, it'll help me in my quest. This build is quite possibly going to ruin me! Financially and physically. One more thing, do you think I should go for the more realistic 'Martini' decals as opposed to the stock decals? If they're going to be more difficult to apply though I may just stick with Tamiya's.

RallyRaider
02-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Yup, that's the one Ray. Great shots.

These days Monte Carlo is a non-smoking, non-alcoholic event, so the Martini logos didn't appear on the cars during the stages in the 2001 event. Although they were often slapped on for the pre- and post-rally ceremonies.

P.S. Still havent managed to get those decals posted yet, maybe next week. :(

Add your comment to this topic!