Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help with '97 accord lx.....!!!

pacotaco
03-18-2002, 10:19 PM
i'm a newbie at all this so i truly appreciate any help you guys can provide. i have a '97 accord lx and was wondering how i can make it a half decent car. it's performance, i admit ,sucks. is there any hope? any suggestions are welcome.

hondaman-iac
03-18-2002, 10:30 PM
h22 swap

SpoilerV2
03-18-2002, 11:26 PM
well I don't think h22 swaps are in the reach of most people..

first off.. all the bolt ons in the world won't do crap if the engine isn't well maintained. I suggest that u do that first..(check all fluids). Make sure spark plugs, wires (thicker wires are a good upgrade for more performance), rotor and cap are all good working conditon. (other things such as fuel injection service and valve adjustment help too, other word do ur schedule tune ups)

If that is all settled, I would suggest a decent Cold air intake like AEM or INJEN. but if that is out ur price range any short ram will do. or u can go ghetto wit just a cone filter on ur stock intake pipe.

then u an go with a headers and exhaust.. if ur still power hunger but don't have the cash flow for a swap yet, u can go with the little stuff like a new throttle body or ignition up grade (always a good idea if ugo with a higher compresion)

the very last resort that can give power would be a NOS system.. but its constant power like force induction and swap. but is a whole lot cheaper. It will take a toll on ur engines internals, but used sparely can provide that extra kick when u need it.

Add your comment to this topic!