Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why a GS?

Sal329
02-15-2005, 07:34 AM
What other cars were you looking at before purchasing the GS? What made you choose the GS over the other cars? Any regrets? Thanks

kman10587
02-20-2005, 02:16 AM
My parents bought one in 2003. We were looking at the GS 300, the BMW 530i, and the Benz E320. The E320 seemed too expensive, and didn't have much more performance or luxury than the Lexus. The 5 Series was nice enough, but it wasn't as family-oriented as the Lexus. Also, the BMW dealership was pretty rude, and not nearly as cooperative on financing (my mom had an average credit score of 825, financing should not have been a problem anywhere). The GS 300 was cheaper the competition, every bit as luxurious and safe, and the dealership experience and service was and has been miles ahead of the haughty Germans. So, we went with it. My mom loves it; I would have preferred the 530i because I need a manual tranny, and the chassis felt more lively than the rather sedate GS 300. But what do you expect? I'm 18. :)

tytgs300
04-15-2005, 09:50 AM
my friends have been complaining about the maintained costs on their bimmers and my sister's e320 wasn’t a performer for the money in my opinion

i bought the gs b/c i trust the toyota name brand. yes, toyota name brand ! you can't go wrong with a toyota engine. why do you think porsche are putting toyota engines in their suvs ? and lotus also ? cuz it's a toyota engine !

drummerwookie
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
i just got my 98 gs400 bc i wanted something that i could trust and my parents have a 98 ES300 and its a damn good car...i had 2 jeeps...a 95 wrangler and a 98 Grand cherokee but i traded the wrangler in bc my grand is all built up for offroad use

i also got the GS bc i wanted a fast car...i thought about a 2001 trans am with the WS-6 6 speed, the BMW 330, and some other sporty cars but then i decided on the GS...i knew i wanted a daily driver bc the jeep that i still have isnt great fot that n e more due to the larger tires and lift, it gets 11 MPG..lol...but i have to say, i cant be more happy with my purchase of the GS..only had it a few days but it brings a smile to my face everytime i get behind the wheel

jarradmccoy
07-06-2007, 12:18 AM
I had a baby on the way,needed a four door, the wife needed an auto, didn't want an suv, definitely no minivan... i figured if I had to have auto I wanted luxury and power. I trusted it'd be quality (toyota) and I heard owner's rave reviews. Half the price of 03 G35 sedans I was checking out, more horsies(aristo). No one I know has one.

Add your comment to this topic!