Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Passenger Side Catalytic Converter J30

InfinityLife
02-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Noticed my passenger side catalytic converter was separting at the seam on the engine forward section. Price quote is around $900.00... I've seen the part for as low as $238 (INF4510)... anyone have reccos on part cost, other sections that need to be replaced in the exhaust system. Seams this open seam is where all the noise is coming from. Thanks in advance.

ashleywat
02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
the downpipe and cat on J's are one piece,,r u saying the weld has come loose and there is separation at the weld, or is it at a different spot, maybe rusted cracks?

InfinityLife
02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
... it looks like the neck of the converter is separating from the front section towards the engine... don't know if that helps, but that's where its really making a lot of noise. I have my emissions test in April, so I will really get axed if this thing isn't fixed SOON!

ashleywat
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
so it sounds like ur saying the downpipe is separating from the actual cat, how big is the separation?if it not too big, say smaller than a dime size crack, u can try jbweld on it, it will hold short term, so u could put jb weld on it the day before ur inspection, if ur planning on keeping it though u need to get a new cat

InfinityLife
02-27-2005, 07:32 AM
... it looks like the neck of the converter is separating from the front section towards the engine... don't know if that helps, but that's where its really making a lot of noise. I have my emissions test in April, so I will really get axed if this thing isn't fixed SOON!

Thanks for the suggestion. The separation from the down pipe is slight, so maybe the jbweld is the way to go. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!