Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wiper is broken or on the frizt..Help!

RomainDeaMarchi
02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
I did a pretty stupid thing with my winter beater..it snowed pretty hardcore so there was about 3 or so inches on my windshiled of snow and i didnt feel like brushing it off so i just turned on my wipers..my left, driver side wiper went up a little bit but stopped because of the snow and the right, passenger side one just stayed there and didnt move. I brushed off the snow and went on my way. A day or so later, the left wiper doesnt work now. It works sometimes, like it will go half way up or a quarter way up and just flop back down while the other go's all the way up and down. Sometimes it will go up with the other one fine, then on the next "wipe" it wont do anything and it varies alot. Its just the right one. I dont know how to go about fixing this..sorry if what i just wrote sounds retarded but its the best way i could put it haha. Thanks :) My beaters a 94 Accord LX sedan

jeffcoslacker
02-14-2005, 10:06 PM
A nut at the base of each wiper arm likes to loosen up if they are pushing snow around. Pop the plastic cap up, and tighten them (11mm I think) Make sure they are at the correct "rest" position and the wiper switch is off when you do it.

RomainDeaMarchi
02-15-2005, 06:52 PM
yeah i was able to pop off the screws and get off the wiper but its bent like so tiny but i still cant bend it back..so the hole on the wiper where the screw goes through to spin is rubbing up agaients the screw so it doesnt go anywhere..so im just gonna have to buy new wipers/wiper

Add your comment to this topic!