Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Camry programming instructions for TDS / Rostra keyless entry remote FCC # JDRAPSBT

mLaskowski
02-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Here are some instructions I have for programming a TDS / Rostra one-button transmitter for the keyless entry system on my 1994 Camry wagon. I noticed many people are having trouble finding the information for this kind of system. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I hope this information helps.

The FCC code on the back of my transmitter is JDRAPSBT. I have no idea what type of system is installed in the car, but I believe it is not a Toyota factory-installed system. I'm guessing it's a Rostra aftermarket system.

This is how I did it for my car:

Note: make sure you have ALL the transmitters you are planning to program. For example, if you already have two working transmitters, and you are wanting to program a third transmitter, all three must be programmed together.

I got in the car and closed the driver's door. All the other doors were closed. I started with the doors unlocked.

Turned the valet switch (or the hidden on / off switch) to the "valet" or "off" position.

Inserted the key into the ignition switch and turned the key to the "on" position.

Turned the valet switch to "on" then "off" four times. After the fourth cycle, the LED light to the left of the steering column and the parking lights flashed four times to indicate the receiver was in the programming mode.

Pushed the button on the first transmitter and held it until the transmitter's LED light illuminated. The parking lights flashed once to indicate the receiver accepted the signal. Repeated this step for each transmitter.

When I finished with the last transmitter, I turned the ignition switch back to "off" and removed the key.

I then tested all the transmitters to make sure they worked.

Good luck.

Mark

Add your comment to this topic!