towing

2003trib
02-14-2005, 08:29 PM
has anyone used their tribute to tow with?

Fresca
04-20-2005, 01:01 PM
has anyone used their tribute to tow with?
Yep, using my LX to tow a 16' Shadow Cruiser travel trailer...dry weight 1980 lbs and fully loaded about 2600 lbs...tows well but a bit strained on steep hills...good thing is that the temp guage on a long climb doesnt budge even though I am at 3000 rpm for a while....using synthetic 5w30 for the extra protection though.....I think the auxillary cooler for the tranny is doing a good job keeping the slush box cool...I have pulled the tranny stick after a long climb and the fluid was hot but did not burn me...suggesting a temp of under the boiling point of water (212 deg F) which is good.....dont believe the crap about towing 3500 lbs though...if you need help figuring out why I can email you the formula. cheers

RootLevel
04-10-2006, 12:57 PM
We moved from Mooresville, Nc to Charlottesville, VA and towed a 5x8 enclosed trailer rented from U-Haul. We decided to take RT 29 up instead of going over the mountains on RT 77. The 04 Tribute we own has the towing package factory installed and did a great job getting me and my family up here. We actually had to make 2 trips about a month apart to bring all our stuff up to VA. I am glad I took the flatter route and would have been very concered if I would have had to go over the mtns. I did change the oil in between trips, dont know if I was being paranoid, but it is a new vehicle and I didnt want to risk damage.

Add your comment to this topic!