Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Powerbass?

stoned_pimp420
02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Has anyone EVER heard of some subwoofers called Powerbass? If so are they worth a damn? i own a set of 12" subs and I personally don't like them. you can look at their site powerbassusa.com but I doubt that will help any.

balls_to_the_wall
02-14-2005, 01:05 PM
hmm....sounds like one of those cheap budget brands....

stoned_pimp420
02-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to blow them the rest of the way so I can get my warranty on the damn things before my year is up. I got them installed with the rest of my system and a 1 year warranty on all of it. the rest of the system is good except the POS subs.

balls_to_the_wall
02-14-2005, 02:52 PM
hook them upto a wall power socket

stoned_pimp420
02-15-2005, 01:14 PM
They need to still play just a dislodged voice coil or some kind of average appearing wear. do you have any advice? I've hooked them up one at a time, bridged to a MTX 900 watt amp and that just bottomed the bastards out! it seems like these fuckers just won't blow!

bumpinstang77
02-15-2005, 01:25 PM
turn the gains all the way up and do it

ngsm13
02-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Umm, they ARE NOT shitty subs. They are great subs, the lower lines are what local shops usually carry...and in all honesty they are as good or better than the RE re line. Their higher lines like the PBX series etc are AMAZING! Good prices, and they get LOUD AS FUCK...like comparable to an SX or so. They're a net company mainly as well, Like RE...Adire...eD...Incriminator. Their new line is coming out soon, it's gonna be amazing...completely redesigned! :)

So there...jackasses...maybe you should know what you're talking about ;)

NG

PS: about them not sounding good, what's the enclosure they're in...and what exact amp? (and what size are the subs, what line if you know?). I'll help you make them sound great!

balls_to_the_wall
02-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Well that shows how little I know....!!
lol

Diceman83
02-15-2005, 09:57 PM
hehe... I wonder if he reads NG's post before he destroys them... It'd suck the big one if he wrecks them when they could have sounded great. Sounds like the shop that put it in didn't know how to make it sound good.

xpmalden
02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
if you were trying to blow them and they didnt that means that they are very durable. i think what it sounds like is that thew shop who did the installation didnt design the enclosure properly. did they do a measurement of the car, did they do the simple theil small parameter calculation? im guessing not so of course they wont sound right. take a big block chevy and put a 1 inch exhaust on it ill bet it wont run for shit so just some simple math might fix the problem. i built an enclosure with an eclipse titanium 10" sub and made the enclosuer way too big and it sounded like crap and i did it to prove a point to a customer so if you need some help i can solve tons of problems just shout out

Diceman83
02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
hey, xpm, do you think 3.25 cu ft is too much for an accord? I still have the option to trim it down a little if you think it is. My sub is rated at 2.5 to 5.0 cu ft, and only has like 14 mm excursion in each direction, so not too much compression happening. I'm thinking about running with it for a few months and then redesigning the box and getting a new sub.

stoned_pimp420
02-21-2005, 02:42 PM
It has some kind of box they called a "duckbill box" it's about a quarter the size of the trunk and the amp is a soundstorm vanquish 420.2 I think but it's bridged. the subs sound decent if it is turned down low but they tend to bottom out way too easily.as far as the shop measuring anything I highly doubt it. I know the box doesn't have poly-fill or anything else in it. I'm not sure what the exact model numbers are but I'll try and get them sometime tonight! but I know subs, something ain't right about these I don't think. By the way I have them in a 1990 Buick Century 4 Dr sedan.

Add your comment to this topic!