Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

jump start....wrong???

explo95
02-13-2005, 07:56 PM
After jump starting my 95 explorer xlt..(bad idea).. i shifted to drive and nothing works...no gears but parking. it takes the 4x4 but it doesnt engaged to any gear...its like it is stuck in neutral....i think is an electrical problem (because of the jump starting might had burn some kind of fuse in the tranny...what do you think?????

thanks
explo95

B33p3r
02-15-2005, 08:32 AM
First of all, Jump starting is not recommended with newer vehicles because of all electronic modules. If you have to jump start it's red to + and black to - battery terminals except for the vehicle with the dead battery. That black should go to a good solid frame ground, not the neg battery post. No promises but possible modules are locked up, confused, whatever you want to call it. Disconnect your battery cables for at least 10 minutes. While they are disconnected, clean the battery posts and cable ends reaL good. After the 10 minutes reconnect and make sure connections are tight and clean. especially neg. Let us know how you make out.

explo95
02-15-2005, 12:43 PM
no luck.........but thanks anyways! I will take it down to the shop and have them take care of it... I will post what was wrong with it later!

peace
explo95

Add your comment to this topic!