Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 theft lock problem

abitbent
02-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know if GM has a recall for this theft lock problem? I've spent over $600 in towing and diagnostic charges, only to find out that my "no start" was a theft lock issue. What is the permanent fix for this? I can't be waiting ten minutes for the computer to reset everytime this happens.

misskitty78382
03-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if GM has a recall for this theft lock problem? I've spent over $600 in towing and diagnostic charges, only to find out that my "no start" was a theft lock issue. What is the permanent fix for this? I can't be waiting ten minutes for the computer to reset everytime this happens.
i have a 2001 malibu that wont start, i had a new fuel pump put in , new spark plugs, it still wont start, my meachanic says he dont know wahts wrong with it, others say its my anti theif devise you have any ideals, it turns over but wont start im lost here can anyone help me, miss_kitty78382@yahoo.com :

misskitty78382
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
i have a 2001 malibu, i had a new fuel pump put in , new spark plugs, it get sfuel and fire my meachanic says but still wont start he has no ideal whats wrong (just paying him to learn on my malibu, lol) someone told me it could be a ingtion switch are my alarm system , does anyone have any ideals that could help me figure out for my machanic , whats wrong thank you miss_kitty78382@yahoo.com

Sayguh
03-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I'd just like to say i'm very glad this forum exists or else I'd have spent around 600 dollars myself trying to fix the problem. I'm only 19 and have a 2002 malibu and have had the exact same problem. I'm very pleased that all I had to do was put it in the on position for 10 min. then off and it started fine.

If anyone does find out anything about a recall please Personal Message me.

Has anyone tried calling there chevy dealership and seeing what there opinion on it was?

ponchonutty
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
GM is aware of the numerous problems with the Passlock system but refuses to do anything about it.

Sayguh
03-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Well that sucks. My car is still under the three year warenty too, (i think, as long as it goes by purchase date rather than year). Does this problem get any worse? I don't really mind waiting 10 min. randomly every few months, but if it starts happening once a week it would get very very annoying.

Helika
03-31-2005, 05:12 AM
I just bought a 2002 Malibu and I havent even made the first payment. Already I have had to get the battery replaced, the airbag and horn replaced and just last night it wouldnt start. The theft system light has been coming on for about two weeks now and the car didnt come with an owner's manual. I am so frustrated with this car already and I havent even had it long enough to manke a payment! If it wasnt for this site I would have never known about the 10 minute rule. Thanks!!!

Add your comment to this topic!