Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cylinder misfire

johnnywha5
02-12-2005, 11:45 AM
just recently purchase a 2000 BMW 323i/75kmiles. I notice that the car hesitates when in acceleration. So I took it to my mechanic to have it checked out. He discovered 3 problems. Cylinder 3 is misfiring; fuel and air metering; and a leak in the transmission. I still have a warranty with the dealer where I bought the car. Am I better off getting it serviced in an authorized BMW service center? Or, just take it back to the dealer.
I want my car to be in tip top condition. Do you guys have any recommendations as to how should I decide on this? Thanks!

porscheguy9999
02-27-2005, 02:44 PM
First of all, why the HELL did you make this thread in the Bugatti forum? I think it would do a little better in, oh, I dont know, the BMW 3 Series forum. But apart form that, a cylinder misfire is caused by the timing of the spark plug on that individual cylinder. I would say change the spark plug with a new one, such as a Bosche Platnum, Platnum 2, or Platnum 4. They all make great sparks. You could even buy 6 and not have a problem. Or you go to the dealership nad they'd replace it for free. So whatever you want to do is fine. Next time, however, post all BMW questions in the BMW forum.

Add your comment to this topic!