Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Annoying noise!!

ElectriqueBleu
02-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey all... I am new to this site, female, and know very little about cars, therefore, it makes me an easy target for crooks in the auto repair industry... anyhow, I have a few problems. ( I have a 94 s-10 Blazer) 1. a noise has developed on the passenger side of my car under the rear of the hood, that makes the sound of paper being placed in a fan, or a card in the spokes of a bicycle... and 2. My driver side window will roll down a little, then get stuck, and not roll up, and vice versa. I have tried changing the fuses, but no luck. Also, I need to change my serpentine belt, and I was wondering if it was something that is easily done at home, or do I have to take it to a shop? Any info would be great. Thanks!!

balls_to_the_wall
02-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Changing the serpentine belt is easy, im not sure about your other problems though, if you are worried about getting screwed over by some mechanic, (if i was you, i would be, cause my mom has been screwed over before, they charged her for repacking the wheel berings, when the idler arm was out..wtf?) I would have someone that knows enough about cars (preferbly male) take your Blazer into the shop....Just what I would do
If you want me to explain the serpentine belt, just ask...

-Ryan

BlazerLT
02-11-2005, 11:57 PM
The noise sounds like the fan is hitting something.

That is where the fan for inside it.

Also, the window assembly could be jammed up a bit and might need to be greased.

By all means, bring someone knowledgeable with you.

movin2stereo
02-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Your blower motor could be hitting something,but I 've heard a noise something like that before and it was just the motor itself.Mine happened to do it at a low setting.The window could be a few things,needs lubed(tracks,regulator),a new motor,a new regulator,a switch.I can't really tell ya without tearing it apart.

s10bajadan
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I would gues the fan bearing is smoked and fan cage(whitch looks like a wide hamster exercise wheel) is rubbing in the housing and making that card noise.
The window, hard to say. I had mine do something of what your is going.I had to pull the window out and replace a small plastic guide clip.
With the belt just follow the lable under the hood for the way is sits on the pullies.

Add your comment to this topic!