Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Newbie Question for people that know things

The_Civ
02-11-2005, 02:54 PM
If i was too purchase the greddy turbo kit for a Si h/b (d16z6) which intercooler should i pick up? also is there anything else i would need? i have a rather high km engine (239 000 kms), i have heard suggestions about buying things off homemade turbo and turbod16 but i have no idea how you would buy stuff off there! any help would be nice

Schister66
02-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Well in most kits, they have an intercooler included, or you can buy an intercooler kit with the turbo kit. I don't really have any brand preference, but i would get an 8x24x3 for the size. If your car has that many miles on it, i would also suggest building the bottom end up or at least replacing the thrust and main bearings to handle the load.

superbluecivicsi
02-12-2005, 04:03 PM
compression and leakdown will show if your motor will be suitable for boost. go get actual measurents and you will know what size limitations you will have.

SleeperCivic
02-13-2005, 11:27 AM
If you're looking to save money, don't buy the Greddy FMIC unless it's a used one - they're too damn expensive. A quality FMIC with a good price is the Johnny Racecar FMIC - I believe they're right around $200-$300 with the same or approximate dimensions as the Type 31 from Greddy. Don't forget to buy a blow-off valve with your setup - it's an important safety device and will greatly lengthen the life of your turbo.

Add your comment to this topic!