Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Getting screen and DVD player

david-b
02-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey all.

So my boy who has a nice ass chevy s10 pickup just got a new screen and dvd player for it, and sold me his old setup to me. It's a 5in screen (RCA input), a dvd player (thin, dvd tray), and all the wiring for $100. It's a sweet setup, and I cant wait to get it in. My question:

Where should I install it? I dont want it installed on the dash. I dont want to have it sticking up in my line-of-sight. That sounds like a ticket waiting to happen. I was thinking of puttingg the screen in the radio compartment, if that would fit, but then I lose the radio, speakers, and all. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

doug294
02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey man whats up? I am about in the same position you are in. I bought a 7" screen though. Here is what I am in the process of doing. Taking my radio and tray out and installing it in there. Then I am moving my CD player to my glove compartment.

RSLaser
02-11-2005, 08:38 AM
To keep honest people honest, mount it in the glove box to where, when you open it up, you flip the screen up, so it sits flat while its closed. Also keeps everything clean.

namoR
02-11-2005, 09:10 AM
i have a 7 in that i am having installed in my tape player slot on my car that will work fine for me

david-b
02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
The flip up sounds cool. How would that work? SOunds kinda hard

RSLaser
02-11-2005, 11:24 PM
You could make it flip up by an actuator, or the way id do it, like on a lawn chari when you lift it it stays, but you push the rod out of the socket and it goes back down.

bighauns
02-14-2005, 10:40 PM
In-dash is the way to go...Like me :-)

I was thinking about going the other way, but I could not figure out a good spot to put it just like you guys. If anyone has a setup, i wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of it.

slowgsowner
02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
I tooke the pass air bag out and built a fiberglass housing to put my screen in its place. looks great and I still havent had the law come down on me. what size is the monitor?

Add your comment to this topic!