93 olds 88 3800 engine no spark/wont start

dss56
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Got a 93 olds 88 royal with the 3800 v6 engine. had a tuneup on it and started ok but still was not idling smooth. i pulled off a plug wire one at a time and the #5 was no spark. so i tried to swap the coil from one of the other set of wires. car has 3 coils 1-4 and 2-5 and 3-6 car would not start so i put back to original the coils. car started. drove the car around the block and stalled. car will crank but no SPARK. went to junkyard to get a used coil pack tried it and no go. put the old pack in and car started for about 5 seconds and stalled. wont start. had car towed to garage and been there all day. they said a coil pack was bad #3-6 and they replaced it. car started and stopped and wont start or no spark.
Is there some place i should look to the reason there is no spark. once in a while a spark will show but not constant. Garage also checked the crank sensor with a meter and he said it was ok. any help much appreciated. thanks.

Hansnet
02-10-2005, 10:31 PM
ICM maybe???? or replace all the coils at once....

dss56
02-10-2005, 11:27 PM
did you mean the ecm and not the icm what is the icm if there is one? also thanks for the reply

Hansnet
02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
IGNITION CONTROL MODULE, it connects to the PCM/ecm via those wires.

check the module and check the connections.

Also never a good idea to just replace one coil at a time rather do them all at a time.

Check the module though, go to a yard and pull one off or go to gm. Gm wants over 100 usually where as the coils are 30 or 40 bucks from GM.

Add your comment to this topic!