Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

geico insurance

illusion123a
02-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Has anyone used geicco insurance? I had to find a new insurance policy ASAP (long story but my parents dropped me from their insurance) I did minimal shopping around, I choose geico becasue They gave me a great rate, 628 for 6 months. allstate gave me 1500 for 6 months. I have no idea what the difference is, I am 23 and will need to carry full coverage. Also after this 6 months is over I plan on going elsewhere, have any suggestions? I live in Pa if it makes a difference

PhlatulentPhreddy
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Get a credit report done from the 3 major agencies - trans union - equifax and We Fleecem and Howe. Dispute any errrors and wait a few weeks - then reapply for insurance. I use Geico but saved about 500 a year by cleaning up my credit. I had an American Express card with 5,000 on it on my credit and the thing of it was that it was 5,000 credit not 5,000 that I owed. Everyone should do this. There is a freebie deal on the internet but apply for a card at Tiffany's and when they turn you down you get your reports for free. Otherwise all three are about $30. Worth doing if you have credit or not. All the best.

PoorMansVette
02-14-2005, 10:45 PM
im in the bucks county area. i just put on 35% and it looks decent and no cops give me any looks.. i think its a safe bet.

Add your comment to this topic!