Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Diesel Engines....Help....?

silveradoking
02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but you guys are such a help.... I have a 16 foot diesel cube van... and I got a new set of homes to build which is really far. I am getting crappy mileage... I have changed the fuel filter and do regular 5000 kilometre oil changes. It costs me about $120.00 Canadian a tankful (about 140 litres) I drive it for work, and usually have to fill it up every 2 days... which really sucks. I don't really care about this truck, but I want to get some more bang for buck, if you know what I mean. I heard that if you use Amsoil synthetic oil...that you could get about 8 - 10 % increase in fuel mileage... but when you have 20 litres of oil in this beast that gets a bit $$$$$$$$! So I was thinking what if I got some plastic pipes like what the plumbers use.... and maybe cut a hole at the bottom of the air intake system and create my own air intake system from those pipes? What do you guys think? Do you think I could get some fuel improvements.... Any other ideas? Cheap ideas? Please help... my pockets are getting lighter day by day....

jumpingjack66
02-10-2005, 05:09 PM
if its turbo charged have your intercooler and the system checked for air leaks,this will cause terrible milage on a deisel..jj

Add your comment to this topic!