Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mustang drift cars wtf

silvia15
02-10-2005, 03:00 PM
now dont get me wrong i dont totaly hate mustangs, or domestics for that matter, but when i heard kenshiro gushi will now be driving a mustang this year
i was shocked and angry :eek: :mad: , its not that i dont think domestic cars should be in drifting, although i dont think they will do very well at it, its just that kenshiro is selling out, he took the first offer he could get, no matter what he had to drive, the only reason they are bringing domestics into drift events is not because they are good at drifting its because ford wants a chunk of the money coming out of the drifting scene. what does every one else think :eek7:

alesserfate
02-10-2005, 07:54 PM
im a fan of the 240sx, but i think its awsome, time for the domestic beasts to get in there, also i think the new corvette is a good setup against the rsr supra since weight problem with american cars is now solved since they threw the tranny in the back. lets see how it does >]

1viadrft
02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Old news....

But I agree... Gushi sold out.

dampachi
02-10-2005, 08:12 PM
You have to look at his side of the table. That mans gotta eat. And pay bills. Yes, ford does want in on it..naturally any company is going to want in on something thats popular/making money. So they probably gave him one hell of an offer and he took it. Like I said, he's got bills to pay too. And he's only human. But hey, that's just my opinion.

alesserfate
02-10-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah, go go go go, we want to see you in option videos!

emokid15
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah i want to see that mustang in action.

xyfalconsrock
02-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Drifting is a motorsport,
not a japanese car fest. So deal with it.

Layla's Keeper
02-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Did Ralf Schumacher, a German, sell out when he left BMW/Williams to drive for Toyota?

Gushi, if he wants to win, will drive with whichever team he sees as having the best chance at winning. Ford has a lot more disposable income than his dad's shop. The Mustang is, only one month into the racing season, already a proven winner on road courses (Grand Am Cup, Daytona, Multimatic Motorsports, look it up) and will only get better from here.

Gushi would be stupid not to drive for Ford. If anything, direct your complaints to Nissan for not trying to keep him in a Nissan with Nismo or Stillen backing.

silvia15
02-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Drifting is a motorsport,
not a japanese car fest. So deal with it.
i know, i dont mind domestics drifting i think it is cool but i just think that gushi picked the ford team for the money not the car.

XeVeNskyLiNE
02-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I read that Gushi originally turned down Ford because he was already sponsored by Yokohama and had a good relationship with them. But Ford made him one hell of a deal, but it was sort of joint sponsopship combined with Yokohama. I don't really care if american cars go into drifting, i thought the Viper was a big shock to be seen drifting, the GTO, eh not so much, i don't like that thing. Anyways though, let him give the Mustang a try, when and if it sucks, then we can bash the living hell out of it.

VQuick
02-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I remember this sort of thing came up after SEMA, when all the new drift cars were shown. Think about it this way, guys:

The drivers have new cars, plenty of parts, and money to help them take care of the cars. You know what that means? More practice time. The less time these guys have to worry about where their next set of tires comes from is more time they can be practicing, which can only help the quality of their performance. That means the rounds will be more competitive, and more enjoyable for us!

I was at Formula D in Houston when Gushi squared off with Hubinette in the final. Gushi broke an axle on the first run. He didn't have the parts to fix it(he was breaking axles all weekend), and the win automatically went to Hubinette. Now that drivers have more support, maybe we won't have any more rounds like that.

Suislide
02-14-2005, 03:55 PM
for the record, i despise of Formula D and everything to do with it. i also agree that, while you guys make good points, Gushi did sell out. and i'm allowed to think whatever i want. so is everyone else.

with that said, this is old news. thread is locked.

Add your comment to this topic!