Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93' Rodeo Electrical???

sump'n serious88'
02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Ok, so my g/f has a 93 rodeo 4wd. She just bought it and it has had a few problems. It has been running rough so I first changed the fuel filter. It did not change. It stalls at low rpm, it runs rough & rich. She was driving and she stopped and it stalled. she tried to start it but the battery had no juice. so I jumped it off and she drove to school, it bearly made it. I went and bought a new battery and replaced the temanals. It ran good for about a day and a half and problems started. first it wouldnt go over 45mph then all the dash lights came on for a day and then she was on the way home and she said it wasnt charging right. When she turned in the driveway it shut off and woulnt even turn over. It started about 4hrs later but hasnt started since.
Is it an alternator, fuseable link, or computer problem.
PLEASE HELP!!!

amigo-2k
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Sounds like the alt to me.

the key is that you replace the battery and it ran until it drained that one.

If you search here there are some good recent trends on how to replace it.

I always unbolt them from up top flip it around disconnect wiring and pull it up and out without removing anything else takes 5 minutes

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=338804

sump'n serious88'
02-11-2005, 10:53 AM
I plan to take out the alt this weekend and get it tested at dicount or auto-zone.

If that does'nt fix it I am going to take it to the izuzu dealer for computer diagnostic.

BIAR
02-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Sure sounds like the alt.I have always taken the bolts out from the right fender well.There are about three clips to take lose for the rubber flap.And then you can see every bolt.In 1996 or 1997 there was a recall for the voltage regultors for over chargering on the rodeos.It is not that hard to replace.Carl

BIAR
02-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I need to make something clearer.When I said fenderwell I mean under the fender above the tire.Be sure to disconnect the battery.Remove a few of the clips and save them.Loosen the two bolts 14mm and 12mm.The wire is a 10mm and the adjuster is a 10mm.Then I take it out the top.Carl

Add your comment to this topic!