2006 DUB Edition Dodge Charger

nobueno
02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Introducing the 2006 DUB Edition Dodge Charger RT : 50 Cent #1 on Pre-Order ListMaking it's world debut at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show is the next vehicle in the exclusive DUB Edition family, the 2006 Dodge Charger RT concept. The goal of the DUB Edition modification is to blend street luxury with enhanced performance. The 2006 DUB Edition Charger RT features the same Hemi power found in the 300C and Dodge Magnum RT. Hip hop superstar 50 Cent was shown an early rendering of the DUB modified Charger and had to be the first person on the pre-order list and will be the first registered owner of the Dodge Charger, making the first Dodge Charger delivered a DUB Edition. For a first hand view of the menacing DUB Edition Charger RT concept, and other custom and celebrity owned vehicles on display at the DUB exhibit, visit the Chicago Auto Show (http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/) which goes on until February 20th. More information on the DUB Edition Charger will be added to www.dubedition.com as it is available. Many thanks to all of those involved in making the DUB Edition project a reality, and to Michelin for getting us those rare 22" tires from France in time for the show!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/nobueno/CHARGERMAIL1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/nobueno/CHARGERMAIL2.jpg

C/PO1 Schneider
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
That wouldn't be so bad if it was a 2 door.

porscheguy9999
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Nice. Thats pretty cool, but a little conservative on the styling if you ask me. With the name "DUB" attached to it, that adds $10-$20,000 on top of the cars list price. I think the DUB 300C is better. Just wait for West Coast Customs to get their hands on one. They turned a stock 300C into a 2 door convertable. I think just getting rid of the rear doors would be a huge improvement on top of it. And with an SRT brother emminent, a customized sedan-turned-coupe woulkd be one of the best cars around. With 425 horses at the mercy of your right foot, and a 6.1 V8 in front of you, an open straight road would be automotive bliss.

blindside.AMG
02-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Holy shit!!! They made it look good!!! Bravo DUB, bravo.

Andydg
03-05-2005, 10:07 PM
It was even more impressive in person.

BleedDodge
03-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Taxi!?

xXxRocker5150
03-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I got a chance to sit in one of those at the auto show this year, it's pretty nice, it's really more like a luxery car IMO, but I dunno those are just my thoughts

BleedDodge
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I bet a horse would ride better than that thing with those big rims.

I'd like to see a silver one with silver reflective tinted windows.

lownloud
03-13-2005, 11:45 PM
nice looking sedan,but I don't think it should have got the name charger put on it.It doesn't look anything like the real charger,by that I mean one of the originals from the 60's,I think they should have given that car a new name.

Tony Stewart Fan
03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I really like the new look. They kept the character of the coupe but the four doors make it more practical. I can't wait to see how these look on the road.

theFREAKnasty82
04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
it's hot!

Tony Stewart Fan
04-06-2005, 08:11 AM
I wonder if 50 Cent will get one of these when it actually comes out. It just looks like it has a ton of power and will be unbelievably fast.

theFREAKnasty82
04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
from what the ad says, it only comes w/ the 5.7 HEMI; even though the SRT-8 comes w/ the 6.1, they should drop that in there just for show w/ chrome everything!

Tony Stewart Fan
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
from what the ad says, it only comes w/ the 5.7 HEMI; even though the SRT-8 comes w/ the 6.1, they should drop that in there just for show w/ chrome everything!

I think there will be a couple different options for the engine. Which would you want to get? I can't wait to see these out on the orad. I bet they'll look great.

theFREAKnasty82
04-07-2005, 11:08 PM
though the 6.1 is a high performance motor, I'd be content with the 5.7.

Tony Stewart Fan
04-08-2005, 07:20 AM
though the 6.1 is a high performance motor, I'd be content with the 5.7.

I feel the same way. Both of those options are going to have plenty of power. I'd be ecstatic to have either of them.

theFREAKnasty82
04-09-2005, 08:50 PM
what would really make this car hot is if it came w/ an optional 6-speed manual, I'd second mortgage my home and sell everything else to buy that car if it came w/ an optional 6-speed

Tony Stewart Fan
04-11-2005, 09:41 AM
what would really make this car hot is if it came w/ an optional 6-speed manual, I'd second mortgage my home and sell everything else to buy that car if it came w/ an optional 6-speed

Haha! That's pretty funny. I have to admit that would be a nice addition. Even with out it, I still want one of these. I can't wait to see them on the road.

theFREAKnasty82
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
another car you need to look out for coming in September, the Charger police cruiser. It comes standard w/ a 5.7 HEMI, upgraded suspension, higher amperage alternator, increased cooling system, weapons cut-out, light bar connector and strobe lights. No street racing ricer will outrun or outlast this car!

Tony Stewart Fan
04-12-2005, 09:06 AM
another car you need to look out for coming in September, the Charger police cruiser. It comes standard w/ a 5.7 HEMI, upgraded suspension, higher amperage alternator, increased cooling system, weapons cut-out, light bar connector and strobe lights. No street racing ricer will outrun or outlast this car!

Here's a pretty cool picture of the cop car. Can you imagine seeing that thing pull up next to you. That'd be the end of the high speed chase right there.

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus//thumbnail/t454235a.jpg

theFREAKnasty82
04-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm sure it'll come w/ a speed limiter like the stock Charger of 125 MPH. Most Ford Crown Vics come w/ speed limiters to prevent breakage.

BleedDodge
04-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't think it's to prevent breakage, just idiocy.

Nobody needs anyone flying down the Interstate doing 125 or something silly like that.

Tony Stewart Fan
04-13-2005, 03:13 PM
You think the Police Cruiser will have a speed limiter, or the normal one for the average consumer?

theFREAKnasty82
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm sure it'll come w/ a speed limiter just like the passenger car applications. Only difference between this car and the "civillian" version is the increased cooling system, electrical connectors for their laptops, light bar, strobe lights, and suspension upgrades. Though, on some '99 Crown Vic cruisers when they first redesigned the Crown Vic, some left the factory w/o speed limiters. I heard, don't know how true it is, but when Dodge made the Intrepid police car, it had a limiter as well; this is what a friend of mine who is a sheriff and drives an Intrepid cruiser told me. So that's why I believe that these chargers would have a speed limiter.

Tony Stewart Fan
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Will the police cruisers have the Multidisplacement system that some of the other Chargers will have?

theFREAKnasty82
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure, I don't think it would, but I'll try to find out for sure. To me it doesn't make much sense b/c most cruisers all they do is idle. Now what would a good idea is to have a hybrid version so that when it idles it doesn't use so much gas and saves them money. I think all cruisers, Crown Vics and Impalas and some Intrepids should come w/ a hybrid type system since fuel costs are so high right now.

Tony Stewart Fan
04-20-2005, 10:15 AM
That's a pretty good idea about he hybrid cruisers. It'll be interesting to see whether the cruisers have the multidisplacement or not. I can't imagine it would hinder them at all.

Add your comment to this topic!