Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hasegawa: 'Full interior' VW Micro-bus: NEW???

deedlit
02-10-2005, 02:16 AM
I've seen on Hobby Search the Hasagawa Volkswagen Type 2 Micro Bus (1963) "Full Interior". From their 'Collectors High Grade' serie.

http://www.1999hobbysearch.com/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10015137.jpg

I absolutely don't know this kit. I know they make the 23 windows, single cab pickup, and van but not the 23wind. with detailed interior.
Is it new or what???

I don't see any info on Hlj and the searches I did gave me no real results.

If it's old, where have I been , in the coma or what? How is it possible (for me) not being aware of this kit.

If someone has some info (additional parts, availability, ...) I'll be very happy.

Thanks,

Xav

Wheelin75r
02-10-2005, 03:06 AM
I know the difficult fase you're going thru right now...... I'll pray for you :wink:
I've been there when Frank (blubaja) PM me to tell me about this one.

On HLJ it seems to be discontinued :banghead:

I guess I'll have to do it wth my Revell one. But if you can find this awesome box, order one for me 2, will you?

Good luck in these difficult days..... :icon16:

deedlit
02-10-2005, 03:09 AM
But if you can find this awesome box, order one for me 2, will you?

I'll do :smile:

ZoomZoomMX-5
02-10-2005, 08:09 AM
It's nothing new-it was issued back when the VW's were relatively new kits. The VW vans didn't have any door panel detail and this version merely has some printed paper/cardboard (IIRC...I don't have the kit but I read a review and saw one at a store) door panels that are still less-than prototypical.

deedlit
02-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks ZoomZoom :bigthumb:

So, I don't miss a lot by not having the kit.

mike united
02-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Dont think it is a new release this one.

Mike :sunglasse

blubaja
02-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Hey,

Yeah. Old release...Oop most likely. The interior peices didn't look more then a few sticky parts for the doors and inner walls. Could be some with sticky felt or flocking then chrome strips thown in. I wouldn't worry about this kit b/c you could do the extra work yourself. But good luck finding the kit.

Frank X.

deedlit
02-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Thanks all for your infos, I won't search too hard for the kit then.

Jay!
02-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I have the regular 23-win bus kit, and I'd very interested in what that kit's instructions say about mounting the doors and hatch in the open positions...

Just the hatch strut and the inside rails in the back section make me suspect that kit has an extra tree worth of parts...

Technoman
02-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I saw two of these in a hobby store today, $49.98 though I could probably get them for about $40.00 if anybody is interested. They also had the 23 window camper wwith the flower decals for about $30.00.

They also had a California beetle with upgrade decals, is that a rare kit??

AJ

deedlit
02-21-2005, 05:59 AM
I would be interested if I had the money :(

Can you ask if you can open the boxes and take pictures of the parts? It would be cool to know what's in there.

About the California Beetle, is it a Revell kit? If it's Revell, they reissued it with another boxart. It depends what version is at your lhs. Can you also take pics of this kit?

Technoman
02-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I don't think the owner would let me open it. The Beetle is a Hasegawa kit. Next time I will there I will try to snap some piccies.

mopar_beppe
10-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I have one but, frankly, it's not worth the extra money I spent for it. a little extra detaliing work on a regular hasegawa/revell 23 window will yeld the same (or even better) result that using the extra white metal/sticky stuff given in that box.

Add your comment to this topic!